Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Help w/ speedo healer install

4K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  SKREW 
#1 ·
Hey, so ive looked under the front sprocket cover and under the tank and tried to find a 3 prong connection where the speedohealer connectors are supposed to go and split into, but cant find it ? Anyone else know where the speed sensor connections are on the 06/07 model ? And is it a 3 prong connection LIKE THE SPEEDOHEALER or do i need to custom wire it in ?
Thanx

#2 ·
I have one installed on my Gen 1. All the instructions were on the website... Buried a bit though.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#3 ·
its underneath the tank behind the motor down in that area. they have pictures of the plug and what it looks like in the instructions

#4 ·
Yeah lift the tank up and its a gray somewhat round connector . It doesn't have much slack in harness.
Do you have the HealTech speedo healer?

#5 ·
It runs along the inside of the downwards frame rail.

#9 ·
oh ok, should just be plug n play bec its universal

#11 ·
dont even need to remove the fairing OR the tank...that just makes it a lil easier to see/get to. I did mine with tank raised and fairing on. Left side of the bike..lift the tank..theres a gray electrical connector. Per your instructions you have to take the 3 wires out from each side (be sure to take the correct ones..look twice..remove once) and put them in the CORRECT order and in the correct plugs that came with the kit. Getting them out is tricky...I used a super small jewelers/watch repair flat tip screwdriver...and in one instance..a super small nail. Just make sure you have the instructions. If not..pm me...i might still have mine laying around.

#12 ·
not sure i am following you on this, mine was a true plug and play and removing the tank would accomplish nothing,,,,guess thats the difference in the 1st gen and 2nd gen...1st gen there is no extra anything wires included.
pulling the side fairing just gave you the super CPT obvious look at the harness you are putting this into.

#14 ·
Thread starter, I will find the insrtuctions on HealTechs website and post link. Just be CAREFUL not to brake the pins as you push them out the original clip and reinstal to new plug supplied. Any issues with speedo not working correctly like erratic numbers on speedo, just puch the wires by hand harder into the connectors. Link coming.

#15 ·
The PDF is too big to upload. Let me try something else.

#16 ·
Reactions: bluedevil
#17 ·
#19 ·
Do I change this

my connectors on my s.h.4. Its 3 metal pins in it already on male side and on female side the metal clips am I supposed to change these 3 pins out? Wuts the difference ....im confused people sayin take pins out of big 10 pin connection on bike then put em in connectors...etc just wonderin why take em out the bike connectiono to put em in s.h. If it already has 3 pins there. So am I switchin the ones on bike over to the sh4 connectors or what...thanx

#20 ·
Read the PDF man. It is straight forward.

#21 ·
Lol...thanx bro,,and everyone else.. I think I understand it now..theres no plug to plug it into so im takein the plug pins from bike and adding them to the speedo healer...and connect them there...ill try this in morning and let u all know how it goes..
Thanks
Skrew

#22 ·
You got it. Transferring pins from stock connector into the supplied connector from speedohealer. Take you time and it will be a pc of cake. !hr tops for install. Just read the instructions over and over while looking at the connectors before you go tearing into it. Harderst part is seperating the stock round connector.

#23 ·
Problem/ lost again

Ok I found the 10 pin connector on the bike and the 3 wires im supposed to pull out, now in the directions from the s.h. Website after I pull the 3 male and 3 female pins im supposed to enter them thru the back side and into the speed healer plugs... Now how am I supposed to put those in there if theres 3 pins in each one already ? Only thing I could think of would to just plug them straight into the s.h. pins from the front but then I wont be able to close the 2 plugs together ? Whats next

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.