Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice from someone who has shortened their akra can. Im looking to do it over this long lovely NY winter.

Ive taken a can apart before. Im assuming I need to take the end cap off, remove the sticker and cut the can, replace the end cap and walla! My concern is the metal strap holding the end cap, I know when u drill the rivets out, the strap might not go back to the way it was...

Can someone give me a step by step or some pointers, Id rather not mess up this can too bad!

thanks gang :beer:

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
Brandon said:
I need some advice from someone who has shortened their akra can. Im looking to do it over this long lovely NY winter.

Ive taken a can apart before. Im assuming I need to take the end cap off, remove the sticker and cut the can, replace the end cap and walla! My concern is the metal strap holding the end cap, I know when u drill the rivets out, the strap might not go back to the way it was...

Can someone give me a step by step or some pointers, Id rather not mess up this can too bad!

thanks gang :beer:

Cut mine down 2.78 inches .After removing the can I index marked the strap before drilling out the rivets . Drilled out the rivets and removed the internal baffle . Marked the cut line on the can and wrapped with tape for a guide so I got an even cut all around. Using a high speed cut off wheel I cut the can and baffle to length. Then put it all back together with allen bolts that where tapped into the can so I can take it apart to repack easier. Hope that helps Brandon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts