Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I was riding and went down a kirb and the bottom of my exhaust hit as soon as that happened a ticking noise started, It doesnt do it when i slow down and it only does it in idle and when i give it gas, it has no loss of power and feels fine but that ticking noise is somthing ive never heard of, could it be the valves went out of alignlment?

·
Registered
678 Posts
i have had an exhaust leak do that to me before. If all you hit was the exhaust I would go simple first.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Its probably an exhaust leak at the manifold i had the same problem just replace the copper gaskets ($20) and good to go.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured it was somthing like that but im no expert in this stuff, so when i let down on the throttle it doesnt do it, that an exhaust leak?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright guys im done, update is, Ticking is gone, the bolts were very lose in a couple spots so i cranked em as best i could and it is one hell of a pain but problem SOLVED thanks !!!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I would take one side of the plastic off and give it a good visual inspection, and also take a close listen and see if you can veryify where it is coming from first. It is sure possible you dislodged one of the header gaskets, but you could have also cracked a weld on the underside as well. I am just suggesting you try and check it out first before you order parts.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I i did look, i used a 135 lumen light and checked closely, didnt see anything unusual and no cracks. After i tightened the bolts the sound is go she sounds just like before although i think ill hear ticking in my head for a while because im paranoid about it. I always have to take care of my baby

1 - 11 of 11 Posts