Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW I stripped the 27mm bolt that holds the clutch basket in whats the best safest way to get it off???????????:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yes the bolt i dont have anything for a socket to bite onto, i was taking if off and i had the wrong socket on my impack

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
yes the bolt i dont have anything for a socket to bite onto,
Check Sears or a Craftsman dealer. I'm wanting to say they make special sockets that grab onto the flat sides of the bolt as oppose to the corners. It was invented for just the problem you have.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
nope it is a nut. i had the same proble when me and 880tubo were working on mine. we had his welder weld a socket onto the nut itself.

the guy that put mine on put it on with a impact and we couldnt get mine off either. good luck bro i feel your pain

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I ran into the same shit with the 09' I ended up beating on a 26mm or the next size American size and used a SNAP ON 1/2" drive impact. It came off finally but I tried the hammer and chisel method and it wouldn't move at all.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW, this is some BS im trying everything thanks guy keep the ideas coming.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nope it is a nut. i had the same proble when me and 880tubo were working on mine. we had his welder weld a socket onto the nut itself.

the guy that put mine on put it on with a impact and we couldnt get mine off either. good luck bro i feel your pain
looks like thats what im going to be doing:sad:

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Great man. How did u finally get it loose?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts