Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a 2007 zx10 I have ordered several parts for it and the only thing i am hesitant about doing with out any instruction is the swing arm extensions. I orderd the roaring toyz extension that come with the chain and break line. If anybody can give any help or instructions with this project it would be appreciated. Will i need a chain breaker/rivet kit or any other special tools?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Assuming your bike is stock, and still in one piece. You will need to take the old chain off by either cutting a link off or breaking it off. Then you will have to remove a few pieces from the swing arm to allow the extensions to bolt up. Then you have to install the new extensions, remove the old break line and put on the extended line. Check your break pads since your there. Put the new chain on and either use the clip link which is easyier than the press on link. But either way its not to hard to put the chain on I use a harbor freight chain breaker to break and put on the rivet type links. I may be forgetting something but this is the basic idea. Make sure and read the directions if it comes with any.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I recently acquired a 2007 zx10 I have ordered several parts for it and the only thing i am hesitant about doing with out any instruction is the swing arm extensions. I orderd the roaring toyz extension that come with the chain and break line. If anybody can give any help or instructions with this project it would be appreciated. Will i need a chain breaker/rivet kit or any other special tools?
roaring toyz makes some nice extension :thumbsup: and puttin the extensions on is pretty straight forward. you will need a chain breaker/rivet tool when you cut the old chain and install the new chain. just take your time and you be fine. i do recomend putting a lil locktite on the bolt threads that clamp on the back side of the swingarm for added insurance.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
gonna have to grind off a portion of the brake block on the inside of the swingarm or itll rub the tire. Make sure to use a rivet type master link just to be safe, because sometimes the clip links will pop off and then ur screwed.

Another thing that is very important, once u do stretch it, if u decide to lower it do not ride a passenger bec itll invert ur swingarm angle and cause the pivot point to be where the extensions are bolted and they will snap.

Review:
Bike stretched = ok to bring bitches
Bike stretched + lowered = no bitches or ur shit breaks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the instructions and all of the tips. I feel a lot better about starting this project now. I will post some pics when I am done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts