Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and read your posts about great OTD deals from all around the country and I'm getting very frustrated. I'm a California resident and our bikes are mainly marked up because you cannot register a "49 state" bike unless it has 7,500 miles or more.

I talked numbers at a dealership today and was negotiating for over 1 hour. The best that they could do was $10,566 OTD.

OTD to me is bike/tax/tag/fees...the works. 8.75% tax here in San Diego.

I want a new 08 BLUE. There are still a few dealerships in my area that have a blue 08 left. Is it foolish of me to believe that I can get a 08 OTD for $9500...or less? Because they look at me like I'm nuts when I asked for 9K OTD. They keep pushing the CBR1000, but it's just not what I want. I can't comfortably handle more than $9.5K

Is it hopeless? I need some realistic advice & encouragement.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Keep trying, do not give in for anything above $8000 for a 2 year old left over. If they say $10,000 tell them you'll come back next year when it's a 3 year old left over. haha

I bought my 08 Blue 10r in April for $8900 OTD in Mass... then I moved to California and shipped the bike here.

Don't give in, keep trying. Good luck!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I'd say leave the great state of California and buy your bike from some hole in the wall dealer that has them for cheap!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Our prices are quite abit higher over her in the southwest. I tried hard to find a deal even close to what they pay on the eastcost. Couldn't do it. The price you got quoted is fair for the area. Unless you want to buy from ebay and have it shipped. I think you will still pay tax when you register it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
whenever im in the market for a NEW bike i go thru these guys http://www.otdcyclesports.com/ they only give OTD prices and most of the time are hard to beat in the Cali area... i have used them and talked to many people who only buy new bikes from them...

lol i just saw they have a brand new 07 zx10r left over for $7,999 otd

·
Registered
609 Posts
The deals are out there, if you are willing to search them out. I paid 8k+tax for a gen2 early last year. Been on the floor for a year and the dealer said he made money when I asked. I did have to drive a 1000 miles round trip to pick it up. At the time I recall someone in CA selling them even cheaper.

I talked to all the local dealers who claimed no one sells that cheap. Said it was a scam etc. All BS. Buy the way 3 of the 4 local kawi dealers have gone out of business the last 18 months. Guess they should have sold some bikes instead of trying to make big bucks on every sale.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I got my new 08' for $8000 OTD from Neals Motorsports in Long Prairie MN, I live in Indianapolis, IN so I had to have it shipped which was only $335. I got the Kawasaki 48month GTPP for $340 and the Kawasaki OEM seat cowl for $100. Paid 7% sales tax when I registered it and it still only came to $9335 when it was all said and done. The deals are out there, actually I was just out in Colorado and a dealer out there called G FORCE Motorsports had one black and one blue 08 left and had it priced at $8500 plus tax.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
whenever im in the market for a NEW bike i go thru these guys http://www.otdcyclesports.com/ they only give OTD prices and most of the time are hard to beat in the Cali area... i have used them and talked to many people who only buy new bikes from them...

THX. These guys are in Orange County and and quoted me $9,600. They said that they will have to ship it from their San Fran store and would require a deposit. Waiting to hear back from them tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts

yea they have good prices compared to everywhere else in the area. abprep, the reason he is kinda locked in buying a cali bike is our awesome emissions laws that make every other states bikes (49 state) bikes and then cali bikes, meaning you cant register it:badteeth:

·
Registered
641 Posts
I got my bike (green leftover '08 ZX-10R) from Fun Bike Center in San Diego back in May '09. I gave them $50 over the OTDcyclesports.com price for saving me a trip to orange county. So, $9650 OTD. Also, ask if they're still doing 0/0/0 on the bike. I got that deal. 0 payenets, 0 down, 0 interest for 6 months. Still haven't had to pay a cent for it yet. BTW, OTD has brand new '07 CBR1000's on their site for $7,499OTD. That was a great bike that year and won most shootouts that year also. If I could go back in time 4 months, I would have bought that instead. I love my bike though. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
THX. These guys are in Orange County and and quoted me $9,600. They said that they will have to ship it from their San Fran store and would require a deposit. Waiting to hear back from them tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

no problem bro...i hope it works out for you... they are usually pretty easy to deal with and friendly... make sure you let us know how it goes and post pics if you do end up getting it :mrgreen:

·
Registered
66 Posts
08-Blue

Hey Bud....
I paid 9,100 OTD from a NJ dealer my friend is the Genaral Mgr there maybe he can help you.If you are intrested shoot me a PM and I will give you all his contact info.. Good Luck!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts