Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, :hello: I am currently building an off road buggy with a ZX10R in it - the problems I face are as listed below:

1. Bought only the engine from a garage that has since closed down - so no information re frame, year or generation type - I have the engine number - thats it !!! :iamwithst

2. Engine was in fairly bad shape i.e. required new head, which I bought through ebay as an 06-07 and is a perfect fit, but still requires an airbox, from what is still flapping against the engine it has secondary injectors, so I am thinking it is possibly a later generation engine but being motorcycley illiterate - I HAVE NO IDEA !! I have had a look aroung and checked out some service manuals - but to no avail :sad:

3. Speedo missing - again still not sure of year but ebay motors lists plenty of speedos, but only from the US - there is nothing available in Australia as spare parts - only new - Bloody expensive !!! So I was wondering is there a modification to convert US (Imperial) to Australian (Metric) if I was to buy one from the US??? :dontknow:

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
83 Posts
what is the engine number?

what is the second question?

Speedo at least on Gen. 3 uses a signal from the ecu to govern speed and tach, being that it is a buggy this si going in, why not buy soem sort of aftermarket sped-o if you need that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts