Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've been building my zx10r for a few weeks now (I'm pretty new at building). But now I have arrived at the point that I want to remove a specific fairing part for a carbon frame. maybe someone can help me disassemble the part? i have searched youtube and google for so long without any answer.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Remove all the pushpins first (scattered throughout). They kinda look like rivets but take a sharp object (corner of flathead works) and push center pin until it pops then pull out plastic pins. The side covers just push into side with rubber grommets. Just pull side fairings off. Of course remove all hardware first... easier then you think!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already had the lower fairing. Only then I did not find my way around the whole hardware and when i can pull the fairing out

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Which year bike? And which fairing(s) are you trying to remove exactly?
Your request is vague lol.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Remove the upper black covers in nose LH and RH. One push pin and a allen bolt per I believe. Once they are removed you will see what is left to disassemble. If memory serves correctly I think you need to disconnect the rectifier (LH side) wires. It's all quick connect connections. Once everything has been disconnected you will be able to pull off the pieces you are referring too. I just went through this a couple months ago but don't remember anything super specific that needs to be done. Someone on here may be able to give you more details but there isn't much to it.

Removing the right and left upper black covers in nose will allow you to see what needs to be done. Also, the black plastic cover on bottom of nose (all push pins) should be removed. This will give you access to everything. Be gentle and keep a cold beer handy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for yours advive wheelz, i will try it tomorrow :D didnt remove the black covers under the nose

·
Registered
683 Posts
Ahh, I think there was an issue loading the pic. Follow wheelz’s tutorial. If you need more help I’m actually putting my bike back together tomorrow and can shoot a video for ya.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First I want to apologize for any misunderstandings because English is not my mother tongue. for a video you would be very grateful. if it does not bother you. that would give me a lot of security anyway

·
Registered
683 Posts
Not a problem. I'll try to make it as easy and explanatory as possible. I'll point out all the rivets/bolts that need to be removed, and I'll actually show you on the side fairing how to remove the upper from the lower (which is sometimes tricky). Just wait till tomorrow evening. What country are you from? I ask because the US models also have some emissions stuff on the fairings to take into account but if you live outside the US I believe you won't have any issues.

...Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the emissions lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm from Germany. do you mean with lower part the big piece below or under the nose? I even had the big one removed :smile2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts