Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else come up with this issue. My rear caliper bracket is rubbing against the rotor bolts. I dont know what to do. I looked thru the manual and couldn't find a fix. I adjusted the rear wheel to gain clearance and nothing. Please anything would help.:helmet:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
If I remember correctly, the spacer on that side is the only one the correct size. That should be right.

Did you check those 2 bolts I was refering to in my last post?

You can see them in the pics. I believe they are M8's that require a 6mm Allen wrench to tighten.

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I remember correctly, the spacer on that side is the only one the correct size. That should be right.

Did you check those 2 bolts I was refering to in my last post?

You can see them in the pics. I believe they are M8's that require a 6mm Allen wrench to tighten.
The bolts are torqued. I purchased this wheel from another bike. I dont recall having this issue with my other rim. The bracket doesn't look flush with the swing arm.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I would take the rear brake off and clean all the parts and carefully reassemble. Something might be out of alignment causing the bracket to protrude. I just installed new pads in the rear and had to disassemble a second time because something got cocked eyed some how.

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is very little clearance there even when it is correct, so it wont take much to cause that problem.

It "appears" to me that the wheel is offset to the right. That could be caused by many things and I doubt I could guess which without actually being there to look at it.

Perhaps the original owner changed the bearings and didn't put them back in right? :headshake

The left and right spacers will only fit on the left and right on the stock wheel, so thats not it.

Take the wheel off, verify the steel spacer inside the cush drive is there, and look at the bearings and make sure they are seated fully on both sides. Make sure the alloy tube inside the wheel is flush to each wheel bearing inner race.

Something is off.

I had the exact same problem the first time I mounted my BST wheel, but that turned out to be my having the left and right side spacers reversed. That's the only design flaw i could find in those wheels.

But the stock wheels you cant do that, so that's a moot point.

Is the brake caliper mount the original one that worked before?

yes. I will take everything apart but Im pretty sure everything was there.

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The rear brake rotor unlike the front rotors have counter bore wells for the rotor bolts to sit flush in. Maybe the rotor needs flipped 90 degrees. :dontknow:

I would take the rotor off and see if the counter-bore holes are on the otherside. :dontknow:

If that aint it, Im clueless.
All fixed. Had a blonde moment there and im not even a blonde. :mrgreen:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts