Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to advance my timing but really dont know were to start. dose anyone have a pic of what there map looks like? I have a 08-10, with race cams deg. 110/111 and .45 head gasket. thnks for ur help:hello:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I dont have a pic but if you look in your powercommander map you will see a sub tab for the ignition map. You might have to download some software in order to use your ignition module..... If you click on the ignition table then you will see a blank map area full of zeros.... That is where you insert your numbers. You can start off high in the lower rpms and work your numbers lower as you get into the higher rpms, but i would not recommend going over 3 degrees up in the higher rpms.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thnks dirt! ive been reading on the forum about this and it seems that setting it to 10 is only advancing it by 4degs, is that rite? so do i just put 10 everywhere untill i get to say....10,500 then set all else to 5???

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
thnks dirt! ive been reading on the forum about this and it seems that setting it to 10 is only advancing it by 4degs, is that rite? so do i just put 10 everywhere untill i get to say....10,500 then set all else to 5???
No!
Put higher numbers down low and gradually go lower. Say 6 in the lower rpms and than 3 at 100 throttle.You are right about the 10 only being about a true 4 degrees advance. To air on the safe side, i would say dont be too over zealous with the numbers and put no more than a number 3 on the high side.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Before you really do some damage take your bike to a good tuner and have them do it for you. Every bike is different and there is no magic set of numbers that would be best for you unless you get it tuned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i think the best or easy injector controller is "bazzaz". then they have auto tunning and air sensor and u can do it with ur laptop and make it better run..
with bazzaz u can controler those 8 injector plus in the laptop u can controler the traction... i have the zx10 09 and that what i have on it..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm ok Dirt, i have read how there are some people here notching and physically advancing the timing by 4 degrees. I also know that people are talking about Ivan selling pretuned modules so that negates the fact that u have to take it to a tuning center for this tuning. If anyone that has one of these pretunes would like to chime in it would be greatly appreciated. A pic of the map would be great so that people can see wat we r talking about.
I for one know im not the only one that has a module and would like to see how people are programing them.:beer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts