Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2007 zx10r and i just got the competition werkes gp race exhaust. Im trying to decide whether or not to gut the cats or just install the slipon. I dont have a pc3 yet and probably wont get one till around april. How bad will the bike run with out a pc3 or a tune? and is it worth gutting the cats or not? Thanks

·
Registered
774 Posts
if it causes a lean condition you can burn a piston.
may or may not cause it to run like that i'm just throwin that out there

·
Registered
471 Posts
i have a 2007 zx10r and i just got the competition werkes gp race exhaust. Im trying to decide whether or not to gut the cats or just install the slipon. I dont have a pc3 yet and probably wont get one till around april. How bad will the bike run with out a pc3 or a tune? and is it worth gutting the cats or not? Thanks
which slipon do you have? undertail or side mount? if you want to run it w/o the pc, dont gut the cat yet. wait until you get the pc, gut the cat, then have it tuned. otherwise it could cause a lean condition. just my experience.

·
Registered
83 Posts
if it causes a lean condition you can burn a piston.
may or may not cause it to run like that i'm just throwin that out there
How does it cause a lean condition?

if the ECU close loops the AFR with an oxygen sensor, pre-cat, how would this change by removing the cats and exhaust?

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
which slipon do you have? Undertail or side mount? If you want to run it w/o the pc, dont gut the cat yet. Wait until you get the pc, gut the cat, then have it tuned. Otherwise it could cause a lean condition. Just my experience.
:+1:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its the gp side mount. is it actually worth it to gut the cats anyway?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts