Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at using zx10r engines in our micro sprint racing and would like to know the main differences between 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 models.

The engine mounting information is vital ( are they all the same engine? with the same mounts?)

Any other relevant information regarding HP and torque would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance! :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
361 Posts
the frames, crankcase and engine brackets are different.

Kawasaki Consumer 32160-0021-8F FRAME-COMP,FR,F.S.BLACK
Kawasaki Consumer 32160-0136-11E FRAME-COMP,FR,F.S.BLACK

would think the mounting points are different.

Kawasaki's redesigned web site is great for finding information now.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i know they mount differetly from 05 to 06.. also, if you plan on turning up the rpms the 06 is a better platform. you can get 1200 more rpm on race ecu compared to 700 on 05..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies... especially the 900cc in 2003.

The rules will outlaw any ECU other than stock with a stock rev limiter. ( thats one of the current problems in Micro 600 racing - over stressing the engine, and kicking rods out of bed)

While I realise that frames may have changed over the years, what I really need to know is have the actually mounting locations changed on the engines themselves?

We will be making up mounting plates to suit the sprint frame, so its the actual mounting holes on the engine, block and head size etc that matters most.

Thanks again

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Better off with the 06 motor as it has a heavier crank and is less peaky than the 04/05's.

04 and 05 have the same casings and are pretty much the same apart from gearbox updates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts