Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hooked up my PCIIIusb this evening. Felt all proud cause the install took less than an hour (due to the great info on this site). I cursed myself by breaking the cardnial rule of not testing b4 putting everything back together. Bike will not idle. Only starts if some throttle is applied, then barely runs. My laptop will not communicate with the PCIII. There are no LED's lit on the PCIII with the ignition on or while the bike is sputtering (running). Should there be LED's lit? I yanked the airbox again to check the connections. All good and no wires seam broken. Ground is connected well. Any ideas??? [smilie=B: [smilie=B: [smilie=B: [smilie=B:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Dude, make sure all the plugs are SNAPED in.If you did not hear a click when you pluged the plugs in that could be your problem. Expecialy the big gray plug on the right side of the bike(sitting on it)by the injectors stuffed way down in there. I had a real hard time unpluging and pluging that particular harness in, if it did not "click" it is not in all the way.

Hope this helps

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Krazy1 said:
Dude, make sure all the plugs are SNAPED in.If you did not hear a click when you pluged the plugs in that could be your problem. Expecialy the big gray plug on the right side of the bike(sitting on it)by the injectors stuffed way down in there. I had a real hard time unpluging and pluging that particular harness in, if it did not "click" it is not in all the way.

Hope this helps
Right side? Right side? While sitting on the bike? SHEEEEET!!!!!!

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just went double check. the only connectors are on the left side of the bike....

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ohhhhhh, you meant the RIGHT side... [smilie=B: [smilie=B: [smilie=B:[smilie=B:

I plugged it in to the grey connectors on the left side that matched the ones on the power commander perfectly. I never even saw the BROWN connector hidden under the fuel rail. ....even the directions (that I actually read!) said brown. shite, crape, damn!!! [smilie=B:[smilie=B: At least I found the problem. No time this morning to test it. Let's hope i didn't fug anything up!!! [smilie=B:[smilie=B:

Thanks for the help fellas...

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Krazy1 said:
Ok maybee it is brown Im sorry
No problem, thanks for sending me in the right direction. It just kills me that I actually read the directions and the directions even said brown and right side. Damn powercommander for using the wrong color connector!! (can't take the blaime myself- that just would be unAmerican!!--LOL)

I'm going to take some pics this evening and post them. Hopefully help someone else from making my mistake. I was so damn proud of how easily the whole thing was going. Murphy's law slammed me right in the nuts! bastard!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I too almost fell victim to incorrectly color coded connectors. You'd think they'd just make the Power Commander connecters the same color. The only thing that finally caught my attention was the connecter being located near the rear of the injector bodies in the picture. AND THEN, I noticed the word "brown" in the instructions.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YUP!!! Damned if I was just too excited to register that! You all know the syndrome... Kid on Christmas morning. got a new toy. Half assed attempt to read the directions. must play NOW!!

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YUP!! All's good now. tried the Arrow slip on map with my AreaP. First impresions are, the throttle felt smoother and the top of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd were bitchin. butt cheek dyno says more on tap on top, but next month wll tell for sure when I have a custom map done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts