Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just installed my pc3 usb ot get rid of the spot at 5-7 rpm flooding from my tre not I cant get ovet 7000 rpms wtf. It was supost to be programed for my needs now I cant even ride my bike someone help here is my mod list what do I need to do. Hamilton ex. slip on k&n filter and Ivans tre and pc3 usb I dont know how to download maps or anything I have a laptop but my connection to the internet is really slow please help.

·
Registered
477 Posts
who "programmed it" for your bike in the first place? The maps aren't a big file, so you will be able to download what you need etc from the dynojet website. (what the hell is a TRE? btw)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
come on someone should be on here that can help I dont know if it is a map prob its not just a little prob it acts like it is completely fluding or somthing I cant get above 7000 rpm and it is driving me crazy should I move the secondary tro. sensor back to stock or should I pack up the pc and send it back it shouldnt be this much problem should it

·
Registered
477 Posts
did the map he put into it, come from a bike with the same mods? If not the timing retard thing is gonna be making the map different etc etc.

The fi light, was that on all the time? or only after what's happening now? or after you put the exhaust on or what?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I doubt it's the PC. To see, just disconnect it, plug the stock connectors back in and if it fixes it, then there's a problem with the pc. If it doesn't, then it ain't the pc that's the problem. I dunno why anyone bothers with the tre things, they are there for a reason. You do not want 160h.p hitting the back wheel in 1st or 2nd gear in a hurry.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok the prob only started after I installed the pc3 I disconected the pc3 and now the fi light is still on wtf did the pc3 mess up my bike

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mate listen up!

JOHNH said:
Ok I just installed my pc3 usb ot get rid of the spot at 5-7 rpm flooding from my tre not I cant get ovet 7000 rpms wtf. It was supost to be programed for my needs now I cant even ride my bike someone help here is my mod list what do I need to do. Hamilton ex. slip on k&n filter and Ivans tre and pc3 usb I dont know how to download maps or anything I have a laptop but my connection to the internet is really slow please help.
Dude, here to help. The flat spot is cauused by the TRE. I had the same problem, most uncomfortable going rround the cornners. The way to get rid of it is to get a custom map done for you and you'll see the flat spot. Mine got tuned ot a treat!

Get it done and there will be no looking back!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live in the middle of nowhere and not close to anywhere that can do a costom map my main concern now is getting it running I need to get the fi light right

·
Registered
27 Posts
Check!

Mate all i can say is to check that the connectors are on the correct side and then get it to someone who can do the dyno runs for you. It may be a day trip but it does need to be done!!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
You have a problem unrelated to any mods that has been done. You need to look under the driver seat and locate the black wire with orange stripe (it will be close to the flasher relay and exhaust servo). You need to stick a wire into it and ground the wire to the screw hole for the riders seat...count the flashes quick flashes=1 long flashes=10...add up the numbers and let us know what it is before we can help anymore. Odds are there is a connector that wasn't hooked up right OR someone couldn't get the stock connectors apart and tugged them too hard and broke a wire inside the sheathing. There have also been people hooking up the PC to the wrong connectors, the correct one is to the right of the bike under the fuel rail, it is brown if memory serves me correctly. My guess is if the TRE & PC was done at the same time that one of the TRE wires was done wrong. You have a gear selection sensor and another sensor that goes to the TRE plug. The TRE needs to hook up to the stock connector, perhaps they just plugged in the TRE and left the other part of the green plug hanging (its a bitch to get to and is under the fuel rail). This is a common thing I've heard of on the forum. Without the ECU FI code we can't help.
The manual is available for download on this site look for it as a sticky. In the DFI chapter it will explain what each code means. Once you know what the code is you can figure out what is wrong. Check the wiring schematic in chapter 16 or 17, and look which wires are common....I know from blowing my ECU many of the sensors go through other sensors before coming back to the ECU.
Good luck man. I wont be back online until tomorrow afternoon, but I see Ground Zero is looking at the thread he an help and so can GoFaster...PM them or call Ivan tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Also, once you get rid of the FI light, you need to use the PC CD tutorial to check on how to setup your throttle position. Your bike might have the TPS wrong. Basically go under power commander tools, find throttle adjustments, click reset, start bike pin the throttle for a split second and you will have your full throttle range, click okay and you are done.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys I moved the sensor back to stock(step5 tre install) all is good light went off runs fine map seems a little soft though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts