Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:dontknow: i bought a used pc3 from a fellow member. when i tested the pc3 w the 9 volt it had no prob powering up and linking to my laptop were i could retrieve its current map. however, once plugged into the 10s harness it will not power up (flash its little lights) independently. worst yet when i would start the bike it would turn over then immediately cut the motor. the "FI" light is also illuminated during this time. i could twist the throttle to give it gas but that would only result in a mess of smoke and rough operation. when i removed the pc3 and reconnected everything as it was the bike will operate fine.
i removed the unit, inspected all pins and wires and reinstalled. no luck yet, same symptoms as my first attempt. :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
unhoook everythign and put it back to stock and see if you bike starts and runs fine than...it may have been damaged in shipping :dontknow:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was afraid of that. isnt there a way to reset it?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
silly little thing, on the pc3... on plug goes right into the fuel rail, and the 2nd plug gets the connection to the old plug that was going to your fuel rail, i think its brown.

i know i was a retard. and did it wrong.. i plugged one forgot to plug the other and had the same FI light issue.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
silly little thing, on the pc3... on plug goes right into the fuel rail, and the 2nd plug gets the connection to the old plug that was going to your fuel rail, i think its brown.

i know i was a retard. and did it wrong.. i plugged one forgot to plug the other and had the same FI light issue.
can you clearfy? i cant quite make out what your saying.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Make sure you have the pc hooked up correctly:wink: is what he is saying. If the connectors are switched around or not plugged in correct this could be the result you are seeing.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,763 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rubbers%20removed.jpg
this is the two connectors i was working with.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
can you clearfy? i cant quite make out what your saying.
what i was saying is that there are 2 connectors... one connector goes right into the fuel rail where the OEM connector was, and the OEM connector gets plugged into the second pc3 connection.

easy to tell... one is a male connector one is a female connector. both need connection for proper function otherwise it will do exactly what you are saying is happening.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
that's the wrong one.. you want the white one there, and the BROWN one that's under the other side of the fuel rail (right side) - it's buried deep but you can get to it

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ohh no shit!? im going to check again and remove the black cover plate.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Make sure it's grounded good, because my friend had similar problem on his ZX-14....And it was the freaking ground wire that needed grounding better than how he had it.....

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
that's the wrong one.. you want the white one there, and the BROWN one that's under the other side of the fuel rail (right side) - it's buried deep but you can get to it
:+1::eek:ccasion1

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
YOU GUYS ROCK!!! it works.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
That's why we're here man:eek:ccasion1. BTW nice pic:spit:.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts