Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would you be willing to donate a $ or £ to a fallen rider get his pride and joy back on the road ?? if enough people sent me a doller or pound i could get my bike back on the road in no time , it accoured to me to do this when talking to my boss and realising im going to be on statatory sick pay (ssp) for the next couple of months this sent me the numbing thought of not being back on the road for a very long time and as my bike is a way of life not a toy its also my only transport for work , so if you think this is a good idea for future members on this forum to get back on there wheels please donate to my paypal account at [email protected] . ps im not sure if this has bin done before so im not sure what response im gonna get . im trying to raise £2,000 . please pass on my details to other people if you think this is a good idea .

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i will keep an log on here and shout out to every donation and a pic by pic rebuild update . thanks for reading

·
Registered
772 Posts
no offense brother, but you are better off having some thugs carry it away in a van. then you can just get a new bike. i am not condoning it, but its an option.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no offense brother, but you are better off having some thugs carry it away in a van. then you can just get a new bike. i am not condoning it, but its an option.
non taken dude , it has crossed my mind more than once, infact i think about it every day but my luck at the minute will find me in very hot sh1t haha and i dont think il escape big ron in the showers of prison with a broken knee cap :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
lol my damage was much worse than yours and it's cost me less that 2000 dollars thanks to forums and wheeling and dealing.
You might get lucky and people might give you a couple of parts here and there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol my damage was much worse than yours and it's cost me less that 2000 dollars thanks to forums and wheeling and dealing.
iv bin searching bike breakers but no one has any zx10r 08s here , im even willing to put different coulour parts on just to get bike back working again , black tank and back fairing panels might look good if i can find some ,orange bits are hard to find ,green and black are very common but there always too damaged to use . will keep searching ps a brand new tank i was quoted £807

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
hows your pipe???
i can donate if you sell me your akra pipe if its in working condition

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hows your pipe???
i can donate if you sell me your akra pipe if its in working condition
i would but i need it ,i got shot of the old one when i bought the akra , plus it has a small dent under the hanger not realy noticable but its there . i got mine off ebay.co.uk for £560 or $921.12 .... iv just looked quickly and there no longer on there but there normal website is www.calsport.co.uk thats where i got mine from .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeh il defo try to get some parts off here aswell , hows your coming along it still off the road? what damage did you do??

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Hope you get it back together soon. After seeing the pics of your accident, I'm glad that you made it through relatively unscathed.

Many of us have been there before. Unfortunately, it might be hard to get people to donate to your cause because even though we're all sympathetic, we all had to work off our dues to fix our trashed bikes. However, you might be able to get some forum members to donate some OEM parts that they might have lying around to your cause. Why not make a list of things you need.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hope you get it back together soon. After seeing the pics of your accident, I'm glad that you made it through relatively unscathed.

Many of us have been there before. Unfortunately, it might be hard to get people to donate to your cause because even though we're all sympathetic, we all had to work off our dues to fix our trashed bikes. However, you might be able to get some forum members to donate some OEM parts that they might have lying around to your cause. Why not make a list of things you need.
despite the fact that we feel for you, it'd just be too much to hand stuff over that easily... people would be scrounging around here for free stuff all the time...

Asking for unused OEM spare parts would be the best way to go about it - People who aren't gonna use stuff anyways (perhaps went to track or upgraded, etc. )

best of luck on your hunt.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
despite the fact that we feel for you, it'd just be too much to hand stuff over that easily... people would be scrounging around here for free stuff all the time...

Asking for unused OEM spare parts would be the best way to go about it - People who aren't gonna use stuff anyways (perhaps went to track or upgraded, etc. )

best of luck on your hunt.
cheers thats a good idea , problem being im in england i was going to byt a subframe from nevada (it was wrong year anyway ) and was informed id have to pay import taxes and charges . so i doubt il be able to send people enogh money to ship the bits over even if they where kind enough to give them for a small price to help a brother out. hmm back to drawing board me thinks . i might have to have the bike disopear if you know what i mean ....third party fire and THEFT wink wink its still insured .. hmm what to do . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how come the insurance isnt covering the repair?
i wasnt fully comp yet , was about to upgrade that next week when i got payed as money was tight when i got her , its sucks, but iv learnt my lesson with that little scenario... always get fully comp ...even if you do have to live on rice for a month or so .

·
Registered
411 Posts
i wasnt fully comp yet , was about to upgrade that next week when i got payed as money was tight when i got her , its sucks, but iv learnt my lesson with that little scenario... always get fully comp ...even if you do have to live on rice for a month or so .
:crackup:

in 5 years you'll be laughin about the whole thing (if not already). Remember that it's often the most expensive lessons we learn, that ensure we make much less expensive errors in the future. (not just talkin about money either).

As odd as it may sound, I'd suggest being honest about the whole thing, and wear it (as opposed to shady insurance claims). Not sure HOW it'll work out better in the long run, but I'm sure it will. Always does for me, and yeah - I've had my share of expensive mistakes that I've had to wear in my day too. :sad:

Stuff sux I know - But the future's always got great surprises too :smile:

·
Registered
292 Posts
MR ZX is parting out his bike and has most of what you need for sale. I have been dealing with him and he has been great! He shipped to Australia for me. I just got the parts today no problemo.

Or hit up Mary at superbike supply she has been great too!

I went down on my 09 a while back and Mary got all the parts i needed quicker than local dealers.

·
Registered
844 Posts
from the looks of it,when you get it go'n-change your tire choice.good luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MR ZX is parting out his bike and has most of what you need for sale. I have been dealing with him and he has been great! He shipped to Australia for me. I just got the parts today no problemo.

Or hit up Mary at superbike supply she has been great too!

I went down on my 09 a while back and Mary got all the parts i needed quicker than local dealers.
cool il give him a knock ,cheers guys .:hello:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts