Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has an 07 750 and that thing is blowing the ignition fuse!! How can I help him to find the problem? Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
540 Posts
My friend has an 07 750 and that thing is blowing the ignition fuse!! How can I help him to find the problem? Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:
Just have him buy a ZX-10r... problem solved.

jk... you should check the codes.

·
Registered
494 Posts
easy, sounds like a short,

1st thing I would do is hook up a volt meter to the two pins of the fuse thats blowin and start unplugging stuff that is connected to the circuit, see when the voltage drops and trace it from there, if it doesnt drop then, its most likely before the circuit's first locate plug, like a wire screwed in to the frame. If the wiring system does not branch off (separated by connectors) unplug components. Sometimes components can be shorted out for whatever reasons.

Trace power wires first as usually they are usually the majority of issues when checking wirings.

So, start out by unplugging anything ignition related. If you have a wiring diagram, this would help out a ton. Any service manuals?

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

1st thing I would do is hook up a volt meter to the two pins of the fuse thats blowin and start unplugging stuff that is connected to the circuit, see when the voltage drops and trace it from there, if it doesnt drop then, its most likely before the circuit's first locate plug, like a wire screwed in to the frame. If the wiring system does not branch off (separated by connectors) unplug components. Sometimes components can be shorted out for whatever reasons.

Trace power wires first as usually they are usually the majority of issues when checking wirings.

So, start out by unplugging anything ignition related. If you have a wiring diagram, this would help out a ton. Any service manuals?
Thank you man Rep sent!! I will do all that monday morning and see what happens

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thank you man Rep sent!! I will do all that monday morning and see what happens
No probs, let me know what happens, we'll see what else comes up :eek:ccasion1

one thing I forgot to mention is to see if there is actually voltage before and after key on/off (when does he blow the fuse, after key on, before on-like as soon as you stick in the fuse, then it pops with key out of ignition?) if it's off, then really start unplugging stuff. But if it's when it's on, then proceed as I stated in the beginning.

·
Registered
634 Posts

Pretty much sums it up. When painting my buddies gsxr750 one of his wires came down on the exhaust and did pretty much the same thing. When it's blowing fuses you can pretty much figure it you need to start there and work your way back down the wiring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts