Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok went for a ride last nite it was around 30 degrees here and the bike was reading 92-102 temp when I was moving, couldnt imagine if I had to stop somewhere and had to sit in some traffic. Anyway the ride was cut short couldnt stand the heat coming off the bike, its always been a little warm at times when riding but nothing like last nite, so tell me what I can do to enjoy my rides rather then sweat and cant wait to get off my bike. Thanks

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
The biggest difference I've made to my running temps so far was having my AreaP half system ceramic coated (Jet-Hott). I believe what helped was I'm not heating the oil pan as much. Damn thing is still a foot cooker on 95* F days though. About to add heat wrap on top of the ceramic for even more insulation but I think the it may be engine heat, not the exhuast, b/c both my feet get cooked. Still gonna try though.

btw..water wetter made no difference for me. Burping the system did though. Must of had an air pocket from the dealer. A good system burp should be your first go. No cost involved. If it doesn't help you only lost an hour.

·
Registered
25 Posts
105 isn't that hot to me. My bike is running at 150 when its 55 out and on a 90 degree day it is about 180. Sitting in traffic I get up to 215.

·
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The biggest difference I've made to my running temps so far was having my AreaP half system ceramic coated (Jet-Hott). I believe what helped was I'm not heating the oil pan as much. Damn thing is still a foot cooker on 95* F days though. About to add heat wrap on top of the ceramic for even more insulation but I think the it may be engine heat, not the exhuast, b/c both my feet get cooked. Still gonna try though.

btw..water wetter made no difference for me. Burping the system did though. Must of had an air pocket from the dealer. A good system burp should be your first go. No cost involved. If it doesn't help you only lost an hour.

Im not sure where its coming from, it more under the seat and around the inner thigh area, unbelievable the heat that comes off there. Its been unusually warm here for the last few weeks so Im sure that has something to do with it but I so look forward to riding, so I have to do something.

·
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
105 isn't that hot to me. My bike is running at 150 when its 55 out and on a 90 degree day it is about 180. Sitting in traffic I get up to 215.

Well this is what I want to hear...maybe its just me. Do you have a stock pipe, Im not sure if that would make a difference:dontknow:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Im not sure where its coming from, it more under the seat and around the inner thigh area, unbelievable the heat that comes off there.
I only road a few miles (home from the dealer) with the stock pipes so never had an under seat heating issue. I don't even have the heat sheild mounted. The AreaP isn't as close to the subframe as stock or aftermarket duels.

Good luck. :cool:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Well this is what I want to hear...maybe its just me. Do you have a stock pipe, Im not sure if that would make a difference:dontknow:
yeah i was kinda wondering if I had mis read what you wrote cause I run 190 around town on a hot day

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
same here my temp stays about 180-190, stoped i get to about 210

It was 160 last night in the rain

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
if this just started recently...you might wanna check your water levels...make sure you got some coolant in there

·
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if this just started recently...you might wanna check your water levels...make sure you got some coolant in there

Ya I think I will asap, so I have been told that would make a differents. thanks

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
If I was riding in 30 degree weather I would love for my bike to get to 160 so I could get warm....

Having said that, I don't think Ive ever rode my bike, even in winter, when it didnt get at least over 170.

·
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm guessing this in in degrees Celcius? 220F would be about 104C.

thats what I was just checkin on, I was starting to think I was way off, but the bike must be in Celsius here in Canada

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
and while im riding weather thru traffic or out on the high ways and open roads bike stays somewhere between 180-220ish or so...big gap sometimes im moving sometimes its stand still...i really wouldn't worry

·
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
and while im riding weather thru traffic or out on the high ways and open roads bike stays somewhere between 180-220ish or so...big gap sometimes im moving sometimes its stand still...i really wouldn't worry

not really worried about the bike...just wondering if there was something I could do to cool her down and me!:lol:

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
not really worried about the bike...just wondering if there was something I could do to cool her down and me!:lol:
yeah i know just the thing go to your local mall...

STEPS TO FOLLOW
STEP 1: BUY FLIP FLOPS
STEP 2: BUY TANK TOP
STEP 3: BUY NICE PAIR OF SHORTS

HAHA JK THERE ARE A COUPLE OF THINGS....i removed my thermostat it like a large cork screw that opens and expands and lets the coolant run thru the engine...ive heard about engine ice.....also i usually carry a camel back and it keeps me cool as well

·
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah i know just the thing go to your local mall...

STEPS TO FOLLOW
STEP 1: BUY FLIP FLOPS
STEP 2: BUY TANK TOP
STEP 3: BUY NICE PAIR OF SHORTS

HAHA JK THERE ARE A COUPLE OF THINGS....i removed my thermostat it like a large cork screw that opens and expands and lets the coolant run thru the engine...ive heard about engine ice.....also i usually carry a camel back and it keeps me cool as well

:spit:Oh you can rest a sure I get lots of time in at the mall...hey I even take the bike....and I have bought all those things just dont wear them on the bike, then you guys would be callin me a "squid":nana:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts