Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my bike a few years ago from a guy off this forum... And I have loved every mile on it!!

He put on a set of rear sets and my rear break does not activate the rear brake light.

So my problem is I can't find the wiring set up for it... I bought a pressure activated switch but I can't find the wiring harness to hook that switch up to.

Any help would be grateful!

Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got my bike a few years ago from a guy off this forum... And I have loved every mile on it!!

He put on a set of rear sets and my rear break does not activate the rear brake light.

So my problem is I can't find the wiring set up for it... I bought a pressure activated switch but I can't find the wiring harness to hook that switch up to.

Any help would be grateful!

Thanks!

I have the same question for gen 4? Switch coming in tomorrow and I have no idea where to plug it in.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Hard to describe we're at, but it's right under driver seat a slightly translucent/clear plug it comes out the main harness on a short wire it's only a two pin connection so it's not very big.. If nobody chimes in ill get a pic tonight...

I wanna say its closer to the fuel pump area so tank may have to come up/off...

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,772 Posts
Most of the pressure switches I've seen have to be spliced in as there is no bike-specific plug. You have to cut the OEM switch out, connect the pressure switch to the rear MC banjo fitting, and solder or splice the 2 wires to the wires cut. It's simple since there's only 2 wires and you're talking about a switch. Doesn't matter which way you connect the lines.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pictures...

Thanks for the advice guys... I don't mind having to create a new connector I am just having a hard time finding the wiring that comes form the harness.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
yeah its 100% accessable under the front seat, maybe it got pushed under the tank but yes its one 2 prong clip. i installed my rearsets, couldnt figure out how to set it back up so i just unplugged the 20" cable under the seat. if that switch doesnt work for you, i can send you the OEM brake light cable if you want, has the spring and stuff, i just couldnt figure out how to mount it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I just am challenged and can't find it or maybe I am looking wrong... Can one of you post a picture of it on a Gen 2...

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
it hooks to a connector that comes from the main wiring harness. if i didnt have to fck with my corbin seat to have it sit correctly i would take a pic for you. someone else?? :) so your main harness, wires all wrapped in black tape. comes a 2" wire with a plug at the end. with 2 prongs. i cant remember if it male or female. but thats it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry for saying something a month later, if you look in the service manual there is sensor type thing, don't know what it is actually called but you can make it more or less touchy to be able to turn on the rear brake light. When I first got my bike the same thing happened, but the mechanic just turned the screw and tightened it down real quick and it was good to go. I would look into the braking system in the service manual because I have seen it in there before when just browsing through it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picture?

Can you post a picture of the wiring to the sensor... My rear brake sensor on the pedal is gone as to I have rear sets and I am missing where the harness is at.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I went out to take a pic today, beautiful day here in Kenosha wi and followed the wire under the gas tank, and I didn't feel like removing everything sorry man, but looking through the manual it does say to check the front swtich also if the rear is not working

1 - 12 of 12 Posts