Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day every one. This is my first post and I just wanted to say hi to the community.

I just bought a 2010 zx10r with only 300 miles on it. I have put about 200 miles on this baby no problem. A few days ago I let a friend of mine remove the mirrors. He just sniped the turn signal wires and didnt not cap them, nor did he bother to spend a little extra time to find out they can just be unplugged ugh haha. Took the bike back to base that dayall good. But the next day when i go to start it up everything turns on fine but it wont turn over and i just get a hard electric buzzing noise when i push the starter. I Had to take off for the weekend so i grabbed my other bike, came back and now its dead as a door nail, nothing turns on.

My question is could it be possible that clipping the turn signal wires caused a short, or in any way could be responsible for the battery being drained.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Check the fuses

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
And slap your friend

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
850 Posts
I do more than bloody slap him! His sphincter would be getting a size 8 stretch from my safety boots! :ninja2:

The butcher!

Sounds like a flat battery to me... It may, or may-not be related to the cut wires. Hard to tell until you re-charge and fix the butchered wires.

Rob

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,772 Posts
I do more than bloody slap him! His sphincter would be getting a size 8 stretch from my safety boots! :ninja2:

The butcher!

Sounds like a flat battery to me... It may, or may-not be related to the cut wires. Hard to tell until you re-charge and fix the butchered wires.

Rob
This. The buzzing noise is likely the starter relay trying to energize but the voltage is too low. Dead battery. Probably just coincidence about the wires. But yeah, slap your lazy friend for not just unplugging them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And slap your friend
I actually rode over here and gave him a solid one to the gut when he opened the door haha slapping would have been to demeaning :boxing: I knew i should have just done it myself. Going to get the bike in the truck then on the lift and tell you all what i find. Thank you very much for the quick responses and if i must say some stellar advice :stir:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Another good piece of advice...Don't let your idiot friends touch your bike!!!

Also, since you mentioned "base", Im assuming your in the military....DO NOT let your friends convince you to let them cruise around the parking lot on it either!
I've got this guy that's always trying to convonce me to let him ride my bike...My answer is always the same though "HELL FUCKING NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" then he gets all butt hurt like i did something wrong, and says, isn't that what insurance is for....stupi MoFo!!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
That sucks about your bike. Hope it's not anything too big. What base you at

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha no one touches my ninja but i have an old Yamaha fz1 that i let whoever wants to learn ride.

Im out in pendleton. Had to leave for a few days but back now got it running before i left but now to see how the battery has fared

1 - 11 of 11 Posts