Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the guy:

http://www.wdsu.com/r/3961559/detail.html

He Opt-in on the Internet to get a phone call from my lead vendor...

My lead company called him for us....

He filed a lawsuit about the phone call.

Lawyer wanted me to pay him $2,500 to defend.

I didn't have the money.

Guy now has a $9,000 judgement against my company and me personally for a phone call.

And I just get a letter to my HOME address telling me he will be willing to settle before sending collection companies after me.

I got denied a loan as this judgment is on my personal credit report...and the Laguna Beach police department said it isn't identity theft because anyone can get my Social Security number and home address.

His name is:

Stewart Abramson
522 Glen Arden drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15208
Ph 412-362-4233
Fax: 412-362-7668

I'll have his e-mail tomorrow...

WTF can I do about this asshole who has made thousands suing companies and requesting settlements for a phone call that HE initiates????

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
want us to all harrass him?? :wink:

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need this $9,000 judgment removed....I don't know what to do and I can't afford an attorney...

This guy MAKES a LIVING extorting money from people...

He needs to be stopped!!!

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He JUST sent me this letter to my HOME ADDRESS:

"Enclosed please find a copy of Plaintiff's Praecipe for Judgment by default in the above captioned civil complaint.

This judgment debt has not yet been assigned to a judgment collector in California. You have a limited time to resolve this issue . Unfortunately once I assign this judgment debt to a judgment collectort in California it will be out of my hands and they will proceed to collect the full amount of the judgment debt.

If you would like to settle this matter for significantly less than $9,000 please feel free to contact me at the address, fax or telephone number below. I am willing to settle this matter for significantly less than $9,000 if you contact me before I assign this judgment debt to a judgment collector in California..."

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I'd say spend a grand and get someone to take a hammer to his fingers.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am open to suggestions....anything you can do to help a bro out would be appreciated....

Find Bubba in PA will yah?

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From my media lead source:

"ok if I can get the date, I can pull it out of our sytem and check it, Stuart Abramson is notorious, I have been sent several letters by him in the past, now he doesn't fuck with me because I tried to take him to court."

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
yea if yall can find where he opted into recieving a call then he has no right to come after u and u could possibly counter sue him for emotional distress or something

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you can prove that he opted in, then you'll be fine. I'm sure the opt in site had some kind of agreement they agree to getting calls. You need to prove someone agreed to have calls to this number.

Sorry but without a lawyer with experience in this, you're up sh1t's creek.

Call your local news channel. Tell them about this guy's scam. This site is nothing. Once he's on tv looking like a guy scamming hard working guys trying to put food on the table for your family. He'll Bethesda scammer that he is.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't understand how he gets that far when he himself opt-in for the call.I would think proof of that would be all that was needed. My prayers are with you for sure.

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
I'd say spend a grand and get someone to take a hammer to his fingers.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
:+1:

Seriously, do you have proof that he opted in to recieve the calls? If he did, let him take you to court, beat him, then counter sue him for court costs and "emotional distress" like bigcat said. The emotional distress he put you under for having to go to court and worrying about how to come up with $9,000 if you lose.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
We can call on the powers of the zx10s! the Gen 1 will rape and murder his wife, the 2nd Gen will slit his childrens throats, the 3rd Gen will run into the walls of his house because its cross eyed as fuck, in turn destroying his home, and the 4th Gen will be like vrooooooooooom and accidentally pass up the rondezvous point bec it has a re-flash and went too fast to stop

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
I don't understand how he gets that far when he himself opt-in for the call.I would think proof of that would be all that was needed. My prayers are with you for sure.
:+1:

Seriously, do you have proof that he opted in to recieve the calls? If he did, let him take you to court, beat him, then counter sue him for court costs and "emotional distress" like bigcat said.

:+1: and :+1:

If he opted in and then sued for a call, he's a scum.

From the legal point of view, I think that this would be fraud (which is a criminal offense, indictable if it's above a certain amount).

Man, I can't really help you, but I sure will keep you in my thoughts.

Maybe we could pass a hat around for your lawyer? I'd throw something in.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
The trick to the scam "legally" is you put yourself out there to get listed. Make donations to charities, and put your home phone # on every peice of paper you fill out and internet surveys. Let the calls come in that YOU psuedo-sign up for. Then when they call. document who and when. Request to be taken off the list. If they call you back once you have requested to be removed it is an illegal call that he can sue for. If they call outside of a certain time frame, he can sue. He will eventually run out of telemarkets calling so he has to continue getting listed. If he is removed from the list which has a specified time frame.(I don't know all the laws so specifiics need to be varified), but gets relisted and puts himself back on it is the what I am not sure about. Is whoever is making the list supposed to cross check ever name/number that comes across their desk with the no-call list?

If he solicited the contact, then all he has the right to do is request to be put on the no-call list and hope you mess up and call him. Then if you contact him again then he can sue.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLD ON A SEC!

He opted in?????????????

Only to have you call him and then sue you?

he set you up? bait and switch?

DUDE!!

If this is the case, and if you knew me better you'd have a better idea how I handle these things.

1) call the FBI and report everything in detail.

2) call a FEW BIG Law Firms in Beverly Hills, make sure they are Jewish.

3) Call NEWS stations and have them do a report on his reverse scam tactics. In Souther CA, Chan 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, & 13 for starters.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you can prove he opted in, then this should be an easy open and shut case. You should be able to make him pay court costs afterwards.

If you cant prove it then you arent going to get out of this.

Personally Im about to start doing what hes doing to people that call my cell phone, and my house line which are both on the do not dial list... My cell phone REALLY pisses me off when a solicitor calls it.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
We can call on the powers of the zx10s! the Gen 1 will rape and murder his wife, the 2nd Gen will slit his childrens throats, the 3rd Gen will run into the walls of his house because its cross eyed as fuck, in turn destroying his home, and the 4th Gen will be like vrooooooooooom and accidentally pass up the rondezvous point bec it has a re-flash and went too fast to stop
This!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts