Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends, I would like the help of those who have power, to provide a photo of the connector of the American model ecu with the purpose of looking at the respective wires, because the ECU that is in my zx10 and American model, my motorcycle and BR, I need this photo to make the comparison

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you friend, but the manual I have, I need the photo of the 2 ECU connectors of an American model because the manual does not inform which pin or the existence of the GY wire of the ignition, this one is not informed and certainly has others so I need the Photograph

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thank you friend, but the manual I have, I need the photo of the 2 ECU connectors of an American model because the manual does not inform which pin or the existence of the GY wire of the ignition, this one is not informed and certainly has others so I need the Photograph
maybe this will help... i would have to take my bike apart to take a pictures of the actual ecu connectors. My service manual shows the electrical diagram of all the wires and colors. GY would be the gray wire

Attachments

Reactions: ddipaola

·
Registered
479 Posts
quick google search found this.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe this will help... i would have to take my bike apart to take a pictures of the actual ecu connectors. My service manual shows the electrical diagram of all the wires and colors. GY would be the gray wire

THEN, then following that ignition key GY line it on the ECU pin 68, being that in the manual does not inform it looking at it in the part of the ECU pinning pin 68 (not used), but that is not the problem that was an example because I found this pin 68, and until now the bike does not work, so I need the photo of the two ECU connectors because there is certainly another cable that still needs to be connected, remembering that my bike and BR model, I need the photo of the US model

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quick google search found this.

Dear friend, I had seen this, but the gray connector does not look at all the wires only the front, has goneogle the whole google, all the existing forum of zx10 both Brazilian and other countries, I already looked in the service manuals 2011 until 2015, and I did not find a photo that shows all the wires of the connector.

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Wait... so the bike worked, then all the sudden it didn't... not trying to tell you you're wrong but you're certain this is an ECU pin related issue?
What exactly is the problem with the bike? You should really provide a video if at all possible.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait... so the bike worked, then all the sudden it didn't... not trying to tell you you're wrong but you're certain this is an ECU pin related issue?
What exactly is the problem with the bike? You should really provide a video if at all possible.
I'll explain everything that happened.

Was walking with the 2011 zx10r with 2 months of used used, went through the review of the 40 all OK,I went on a spring break here in brazil exsite a lot, and then the bike turned off, I got home I was ollhar the negative pin of the battery released, with that loses the resistance of the battery, and the rectifier sends 35v to the circuit, with that it burned the ECU, but here in Brazil an ECU is around 15k, so I bought an American ECU that does not exist immobilizer, because it is disabled inside the ECU, ie it was to work, but it did not work, I went to look at the manual at difference of the wires from the BR model to the US, and has a single wire different according to the service manual, which is the GY wire that comes out of the ignition, and goes to the ECU, but the manual does not inform which pin where this wire goes GY of the ignition, I was able to find out that it goes to pin 68 of the ECU, but the manual does not inform this, it says that the pin 68 is not used. but I could find it and I sure have others, but I can not figure it out without a photo of the connectors, I even found some photos but I can not see all the wires.

sorry my english I'm using google translate.:|

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
I'll explain everything that happened.

Was walking with the 2011 zx10r with 2 months of used used, went through the review of the 40 all OK,I went on a spring break here in brazil exsite a lot, and then the bike turned off, I got home I was ollhar the negative pin of the battery released, with that loses the resistance of the battery, and the rectifier sends 35v to the circuit, with that it burned the ECU, but here in Brazil an ECU is around 15k, so I bought an American ECU that does not exist immobilizer, because it is disabled inside the ECU, ie it was to work, but it did not work, I went to look at the manual at difference of the wires from the BR model to the US, and has a single wire different according to the service manual, which is the GY wire that comes out of the ignition, and goes to the ECU, but the manual does not inform which pin where this wire goes GY of the ignition, I was able to find out that it goes to pin 68 of the ECU, but the manual does not inform this, it says that the pin 68 is not used. but I could find it and I sure have others, but I can not figure it out without a photo of the connectors, I even found some photos but I can not see all the wires.

sorry my english I'm using google translate.:|
Ahh, thanks for the clarification :thumbsup: I'm going to go out on a limb and say to follow this diagram to figure out where the number 68 pin is. The reason I say that is because Mitsubishi supplies most if not all of Kawasaki ECU's. The 2012 ZX14R and 2011+ ZX10R ECU's looks exactly the same... so much so they're probably even the same exact part numbers (from Mitsubishi), meaning I'd bet the pin connectors are the exact same. I could be totally making stuff up but it's worth a shot...
how to wire the tps and rpm on a zx14r for an nc2

Give it a look... looks like the bottom row... 3rd from the right side.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,701 Posts
THEN, then following that ignition key GY line it on the ECU pin 68, being that in the manual does not inform it looking at it in the part of the ECU pinning pin 68 (not used), but that is not the problem that was an example because I found this pin 68, and until now the bike does not work, so I need the photo of the two ECU connectors because there is certainly another cable that still needs to be connected, remembering that my bike and BR model, I need the photo of the US model

Sorry to hear that you're still trying to figure this out.

The ECU pinouts and wiring are all detailed in the Service Manual. It shows the which pin connects to which wire and the associated color coding. So I'm not sure what you're having problems with and need a picture of. :dontknow:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,701 Posts
Page 3-18 in the Fuel System section, to be exact.

The color legend is on the previous page:

BK: Black
BL: Blue
BR: Brown
CH: Chocolate
DG: Dark Green
G: Green
GY: Gray
LB: Light Blue
LG: Light Green
O: Orange
P: Pink
PU: Purple
R: Red
V: Violet
W: White
Y: Yellow

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
The immobilizer still has a circuit that needs to be completed. You probably won't find a bypass readily available because that's how people get stolen bikes running.

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,701 Posts
The immobilizer still has a circuit that needs to be completed. You probably won't find a bypass readily available because that's how people get stolen bikes running.

Yup. I informed him of that in another thread he made on this topic. Apparently he's tried to bypass the whole circuit by connecting up individual wires directly into the ECU. That would, in theory, get rid of and bypass the immobilizer amplifier. :confused: Effectively, he's trying to rewire the harness to match the North American harness.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

just that, in this figure as in the manual the pin 68 is not used, but in the American model has the wire GY that comes from the ignition to the pin 68.

my doubt is and only this different thread or some other.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ahh, thanks for the clarification :thumbsup: I'm going to go out on a limb and say to follow this diagram to figure out where the number 68 pin is. The reason I say that is because Mitsubishi supplies most if not all of Kawasaki ECU's. The 2012 ZX14R and 2011+ ZX10R ECU's looks exactly the same... so much so they're probably even the same exact part numbers (from Mitsubishi), meaning I'd bet the pin connectors are the exact same. I could be totally making stuff up but it's worth a shot...
how to wire the tps and rpm on a zx14r for an nc2

Give it a look... looks like the bottom row... 3rd from the right side.
I already looked at these pins are right, but I believe that in the American model on pins 66 and 67 there is something.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Dear friend to ECU and American model there is no immobilizer, the same and disabled in the ECU, so the 2 wires going to immbilizer ECU are dead

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,701 Posts
I already looked at these pins are right, but I believe that in the American model on pins 66 and 67 there is something.

No, on the US model, pins 66 and 67 contain only white plugs to fill the connector. There are no wires in them.

Reactions: belkins

·
Registered
479 Posts
Dear friend, I had seen this, but the gray connector does not look at all the wires only the front, has goneogle the whole google, all the existing forum of zx10 both Brazilian and other countries, I already looked in the service manuals 2011 until 2015, and I did not find a photo that shows all the wires of the connector.
Seems the ecu pinout schematic is hard to locate for the gen4... after some digging i found this. Skydork is correct pin 67 and 66 nothing there just white pins plugging the hole.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts