Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im getting myself in better shape & my Astars P1 jacket is too lose around the belly & rides up my back too much... so im in the market for a new jacket. BTW, my astars P1 leather jacket is for sale in the classifieds!!

Either Astars RC-1 or Teknic Violator. I like the astars a lot, but cant justify the price because i normally wear a full suit, unless im riding to work or out for short jaunts.

Ive never had Teknic gear... But ive heard good things about it.

any opinions?

both have the race hump & longer tail section which is what i want.

Attachments

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Alpinestars has saved my life...I have a full suit and a leather jacket from them as well as gloves galore, two boots, and a continued life as a result of wearing Alps.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im leaning towards the Teknic.

I like astars stuff, but i like the loop system the teknic has and how he mentioned its a better fit. plus, there is no restocking fee if i need to return it & its in stock. the astars jacket is on backorder w/ no estimated ship dates. and, the teknic is a little bit less money.

i'll make a decision today sometime. . :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the Teknic jacket today. (thanks superbikesupply!)

this thing is badass. size 46 US fits just right.

thanks for all the input. if anyone is looking for a jacket, take a look @ the violator, u wont be dissapointed! :thumbsup::eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
sorry, a little late here. i was going to vote for the teknic, and i was going to tell you that i've seen quite a few suits of theirs at the track get seriously messed up with no ill effects to the riders. glad you got it, enjoy it!!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sorry, a little late here. i was going to vote for the teknic, and i was going to tell you that i've seen quite a few suits of theirs at the track get seriously messed up with no ill effects to the riders. glad you got it, enjoy it!!

:thumbsup:

crashing sux. already tested my motogp suit, saved my ass.

just waiting for our weather to get better to break out the new jacket for some jaunts. :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts