Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I seen a post not that long ago. Said something about ,"Wonder how this one turned out???" Showed a series of pics of some chick on the back of a bike. Wearing no gear, I think a swim suite and flipflops, waving to the camera. 3 pics , I think, The last one with them losing it and ready to low side. Been searching all the posts and havent been able to find it......Any help PLEASE...........................................:thumbsup:

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
why do u want them? are u going to show them to someone that wears no gear?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly. I know some no helmet fellas.....Wanted them to see it. Thanks Lunitk for the info.

·
Registered
474 Posts
posers

Sounds like a great idea! Hope they listen.Here's another thing.There's a saying in the business "BUY A FIFTY DOLLAR HELMET FOR A FIFTY DOLLAR HEAD.....meaning buy a quality helmet.It's protecting your brain.There's alot more to expensive helmets that just nice graphics,they are make of superior materials for strength and light weight.So when you have it on for a couple of hours its more comfortable.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Daves Cycles said:
Sounds like a great idea! Hope they listen.Here's another thing.There's a saying in the business "BUY A FIFTY DOLLAR HELMET FOR A FIFTY DOLLAR HEAD.....meaning buy a quality helmet.It's protecting your brain.There's alot more to expensive helmets that just nice graphics,they are make of superior materials for strength and light weight.So when you have it on for a couple of hours its more comfortable.
I'd like you to show me a 3rd party report where a Higher Priced Helmets always protects better than the lesser. I've read many reports with helmets in varying price ranges.....Expense in NO way dictates it's protective abilities when properly reported from an UNBIASED source. You've either been missinformed or have been gotten ahold of by the biased mainstream press!....

In fact, most unbiased sources doing tests or reporting on what agencies that have tested helmets have found, is that the cheaper helmets (being less stiff) produce less "g's" (as they call it in the industry) which equals less chance of injury......so the Pep Boys brand motorcycle helmet will actually protect you better than alot of ARAIS

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
hotstang46 said:
I'd like you to show me a 3rd party report where a Higher Priced Helmets always protects better than the lesser. I've read many reports with helmets in varying price ranges.....Expense in NO way dictates it's protective abilities when properly reported from an UNBIASED source. You've either been missinformed or have been gotten ahold of by the biased mainstream press!....

In fact, most unbiased sources doing tests or reporting on what agencies that have tested helmets have found, is that the cheaper helmets (being less stiff) produce less "g's" (as they call it in the industry) which equals less chance of injury......so the Pep Boys brand motorcycle helmet will actually protect you better than alot of ARAIS

There some truth to your words. I had a cheapo when i was a kid and had a bad accident. helmet crack like an egg, but my head was still in one piece. A cheap one or expensive one. when your number is up. it don't matter what on your head. it's better to pay more attention on whats going on around you when you are on your bike.

·
Registered
708 Posts
cain772 said:
why do u want them? are u going to show them to someone that wears no gear?
my wife wonders why I always make her wear jeans and good shoes(she actually wanted to wear something similar to the girl in the picture once) , not that they is as good as leathers,but I showed her these pics. amd told her THAT is why !!! and I was glad to be able to show by their example rather than mine, which was good for me bad for them:badteeth:

·
Registered
474 Posts
hotstang46 your post is incorrect.I guess you would consider Dot and Snell a biased source...lol
Helmets made with higher quality materials like fiderglass,Carbon Fiber,Kevlar and composite weaves are much stronger that your beloved Plastic and a whole lot lighter.Which means more comfort for the long ride.The interior as well is made of higher quality material like Alcantara and EPS liners not styrofoam.
Last... hard plastic does not bend it cracks which is what your skull is going to do if you have a high speed get off with a plastic helmet.
Need more info go to this link
www.smf.org/
My point was you don't need to buy a four hundred dollar helmet just don't buy a $65.95 one!
Biggest difference your going to feel from a cheapo to a nice helmet is how much more comfortable they are!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Daves Cycles said:
hotstang46 your post is incorrect.I guess you would consider Dot and Snell a biased source...lol
Helmets made with higher quality materials like fiderglass,Carbon Fiber,Kevlar and composite weaves are much stronger that your beloved Plastic and a whole lot lighter.Which means more comfort for the long ride.The interior as well is made of higher quality material like Alcantara and EPS liners not styrofoam.
Last... hard plastic does not bend it cracks which is what your skull is going to do if you have a high speed get off with a plastic helmet.
Need more info go to this link
www.smf.org/
My point was you don't need to buy a four hundred dollar helmet just don't buy a $65.95 one!
Biggest difference your going to feel from a cheapo to a nice helmet is how much more comfortable they are!
The MAIN point made by the original poster was that you don't have to go out and buy the nicest ARAI or Shoei if you want top notch protection, and that conclusion was well-substantiated in the referenced bike Magazine article.

HOWEVER, in my own humble experience, ANYTHING I can do to make my helmet wearing experince better and more attractive to me is a huge plus in that I will be more likely to wear it (no helmet law in my state) and not leave it off for a quick little blast on a hot day. Thus, things like comfort, airflow, and styling DO have relevance. And taking all of this into consideration, I end up buying Arai helmets (light, extremely comfortable for my head, great airflow, great looks).

As for that Live to Ride, Ride to Die page, I have sent that link to all my biker buds since I first saw it, I also like the updated lists of motorcyclist deaths and custom google search link. This is the one thing that keeps me from doing the stupid shit we all end up doing from time to time.

Did anyone happen to notice that newly-added pic of the three bike accident with guys named Bo (body jammed under the truck) Jason (body on the hood-windshield of the other truck) and Paul (alive, grieving)? Not as immediately graphic as some of the other pics, but I wish I knew the story behind that one:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
One question about this pic above.....Why has the "old truck" been moved from it original location before the cops showed up??????? That doesn't make sense to me. Same with the guy picking up Pauls bike. Are they trying to clear the road?

·
Registered
384 Posts
yeah, clearly the white truck that "Jason's" bike hit has been backed up - either in an effort to clear the road (I would not like to be the one to back a truck up with Jason laying on or through the windshield) or perhaps the driver freaked a bit and put it in reverse? Such is why I was curious about this accident, surely there is a ton more to the story, like why it happened (I think the truck with Jason on it was in the wrong lane, and three bikes coming down the curve from the opposite direction each took their own path when they encountered that - Bo swung wide into the other white truck, Paul looks to have gone in between, and Jason we see what happened there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts