Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Do you like

Do you like V-Twin's? Is the deal straight across the board or what? Why does he want to trade.....need more info bro!!

·
.net Most Followed Member
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you like V-Twin's? Is the deal straight across the board or what? Why does he want to trade.....need more info bro!!
dudes not into v-twins hes just loaded and realised he wants a 4 cilinder bike

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
How much do you ride, and how much do you like working on your bike?

The reason I ask is that Kawasakis and most other Japanese bikes are, for the most part, stone-axe reliable as long as people leave them alone. Ducatis ... aren't.

Friend of mine bought a Ducati 999S as a second bike, and it's been in the shop more times in the 2500 km that he's put on it than his other bike has ever been in the shop, and the other bike is a 2000 Yamaha R1 with something liek 56,000 km on it.

I know some people won't buy anything other than a Ducati and seem to hold them on a pedestal, but I don't buy into it.

·
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The reason I ask is that Kawasakis and most other Japanese bikes are, for the most part, stone-axe reliable as long as people leave them alone. Ducatis ... aren't.

Friend of mine bought a Ducati 999S as a second bike, and it's been in the shop more times in the 2500 km that he's put on it than his other bike has ever been in the shop, and the other bike is a 2000 Yamaha R1 with something liek 56,000 km on it.

I know some people won't buy anything other than a Ducati and seem to hold them on a pedestal, but I don't buy into it.

:wink: thanks thats the kind of info i want. im aware that ducatis need more maintenance also.theyre very popular cause they look awesome i guess

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Yes asthetically speaking they are sex on 2 wheels but once the clothes come off ya best get out the tylenol cuz the headache is just around the corner.
The new 1098 has issues of all types since its intro as well so i would touch any product over there.

BD

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
the 999 is the worst of all the recent ducati's & the designer got sacked not so long back.. btw is that BD in your avatar luis?:dontknow:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
the 999 is the worst of all the recent ducati's & the designer got sacked not so long back.. btw is that BD in your avatar luis?:dontknow:
yes that would be me, cute eah? :cool:

BD

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
Luis dont do it, you have the best bike ever made. You will regret making the trade after the glamour runs out about owning a "ducati" plus you still wont get laid.

·
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah Ducatis always were crap to me.... seen this one real close and its sooooo pretty!!! :) but thanks for the info. seems like ill pass on that one.

·
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Luis dont do it, you have the best bike ever made. You will regret making the trade after the glamour runs out about owning a "ducati" plus you still wont get laid.
u lucky u chick aint coming next year so u and BD walk around in ninny scooters and me and her on my kick ass 10 :cool: :wink:

·
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:dontknow: i just let old man play around with my avi... :wink:

·
Registered
958 Posts

I agree not only that, depending on where you live finding someone who will work on them and know what they're doing is a pain.

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
u lucky u chick aint coming next year so u and BD walk around in ninny scooters and me and her on my kick ass 10 :cool: :wink:
I'll still have a better chance on a scooter than your ninny ass on a 10 you cant handle.:badteeth: Plus I think Im going to rent one of those bmw bikes anyway.

·
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll still have a better chance on a scooter than your ninny ass on a 10 you cant handle.:badteeth: Plus I think Im going to rent one of those bmw bikes anyway.
:wink: questions is..... can u handle my twisties? or can u ride only on ninny weaksister straight roads?? :cool:

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
There are some twisties around my way. There is one road with like 5 perfect twistiies so I just do u turns all day doing the same twisties over and over.

·
Registered
209 Posts
stick to the kawi. down here our dealer is the soul agent for both kawis and ducs.
two weeks back i went to the dealer to ask about the ducs 1098, the owner of the showroom clearly to stick to the kawasaki; less maintenance, less headache, less problems,, the better handling to the duc is not worth the hassle and that the kawasaki overall is a better bike, and with slight mods the zx10 could out preform the 999 and 1098 in all aspects.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts