Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a PC USB + DJ Quickshift + Ivans TRE already

I want to fix the speed error and want gear indicator fo sho

should I get

A. Speedo healer + Gear indicator + wideband commander

or

B. Dynojet LCD + HUB + wideband commander.

I know that I can get gear info with option B but can I calibrate the speedo with gps using the hub/ lcd or does is just the range ?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it lets you tune your bike in real world conditions as opposed to a dyno which does not take into account ram air and other variables

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I would call and speak with a reputable Dynojet represenative about your concerns. Personally from all of the discussions i have had, and real world experience on dyno's and with many many other people with dyno work; the maps made on the dyno void of "ram air" and other real world conditions as you call them; still work perfectly.

One thing i was told my the dyno tuner is that it is truely difficult to take into account ram air. As if you are in 5th gear at 8,000rpm; or 2nd gear at 8,000 rpm the "ram air" effect is going to be quite different as the velocity of the bike in 2nd or 6th at that rpm is going to be extremely different.

That said, unless you have the ability to build independant maps for each gear (as some Yoshi EMS units could do i think), doing what you are wanting to do may not be practicle because of the air pressure differences of different speeds.

Not sure if that makes any sense.

But mostly; the real world applications ive seen are that bikes tuned on the dyno by someone who knows what they are doing run quite well. Hell; bikes with a generic "exhaust" map run quite well.

Hope this helps shed some light for ya.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
CMG said:
it lets you tune your bike in real world conditions as opposed to a dyno which does not take into account ram air and other variables
Then the proper thing to do is forget about mapping and retrofit closed-loop control: http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31134

I got shat on in that thread because it's not a wide-band sensor, but you don't need a wide-band sensor to operate a normal gasoline engine (your car doesn't have one unless it's something unusual); see discussion in that thread.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah i know all of that i tune bikes and cars alot. i was jsut wonddering why you would go with dynojets wideband. I have checked out their data logging software and its not to great at all, kinda hard to get the data from it with rpm and throttlr position.

you should check into the LM1 from innovate or the WEGO II from Daytona sensors Im running the wego 2, it has a digital jeads up display and is the most compact one of them all.

Dyno tuning is always nice though also cause you can get it real close and what we always do is richen it up alot at peak rpms to take in account for ram air.

good luck man

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I am still researching Wideband commanders and have not made up my mind. I was leaning towards DJ because of my familiarity with them

I am using a TRE which tricks the bike in to thinking it is in 5 or 6 gear, so doing individual maps is out unless, I rip that the TRE out and put a Ignition commander + dyno time +( will still have the environment variances I am looking to smooth over)

I think I am going to look into the closed loop thing to suit what I want from it. ( if it stands up to scrutiny )

Now can someone anwser my Q about the sppedo clibration.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Question:

Would'nt the Kleen air system throw-off the off the wideband commander the same as the closed loop system ? i.e to install a wb commander I would need to do the kleen air mod ?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
you should take off the kleen air system no matter what. Its pretty much usless but I can tell you that under acceleration, the valve shuts off so it wont pick up any additional air.

Im sure the powercommander wideband would work jsut fine though

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
garth285 said:
you should take off the kleen air system no matter what. Its pretty much usless but I can tell you that under acceleration, the valve shuts off so it wont pick up any additional air.

Im sure the powercommander wideband would work jsut fine though

I know I have the block off plates and everything already but I don't think you know how much I hate taking that f>>>>>g Air box off

How much weight do I shed with this mod ? ( that may get me going )

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
hahaha, probably about 1/4-1/2 lbs come on man its not that hard, do ya take the fuel tank off at all? its not all to hard, jsut gotta figure out which way is the best way to get it off.

i can take my airbox off in proably under 5 mins but i also do this for a living.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
OK, So I am going with the following

Wideband commander + LCD Screen + Hub _ Ignition module + quickshifter + Speedo healer.

That way I can get everything done in one shot. we all know how much of a bitch it is to take the Air box in and out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts