Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a few dollars laying around from a recent eBay purchase (120$) I already have exhaust an f.Eliminator.

Im thinking.
Spools
Frame Sliders
HIDs
Windscreen

Any other suggestions?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
-1 on front sprocket $40 (probably cheaper, depends on where you get it), Rifleman 1/5 throttle insert, SpeedoDRD from motomummy $70 (Personally don't have it but members here have some good reviews about it.)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it hard to get the chain adjusted back to where it's supposed to be after i put on the sprocket? I have a new '12 gen4 and on my service the shop adjusted it for me.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I meant eBay sale not purchase. :badteeth:

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
-1 sprocket, rifleman 1/5 throttle and ddm hid. Should be able to get all for $120.

Sent from my DROID2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
-1 sprocket, rifleman 1/5 throttle and ddm hid. Should be able to get all for $120.

I like your selection.
I'm fairly new here and have seen a lot of posts about riflemans cable. What's the advantages of it?

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I like your selection.
I'm fairly new here and have seen a lot of posts about riflemans cable. What's the advantages of it?

Basically it gives you a shorter throw throttle. Quicker to wo throttle.

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
I like your selection.

Technically it takes 1/5th of the turning required to go WOT away. Instead of it being a 90 degree turn it is now a 72 i believe. Just reading about the number though doesnt do it justice. If i had to take off every other mod done to my bike, and pick one, i would personally choose the 1/5th. I mean you get the most noticeable difference from it than almost any other mod i have done. Also it is only $25. I mean seriously, there is no mod that can even come close to what the 1/5th does, especially for that cheap.

The only bad side to doing it is you will never want to ride another bike without one again! I personally will never own another kawi that doesnt have this installed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys! Hopefully I don't have a hard time installing it. Never done anything with these type of clutch/throttle cables etc.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
You're being directed on the right path!

Riflemans 1/5 throttle insert, -1 sprocket, maybe a radiator guard ($55), or levers maybe. Possibly a cool sweatband to put over the master cylinder reservoir :thumbsup: lol

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
From a "keep your plastics from being ground into dust if you go down" stand point I would do sliders, spools and fork protectors. Plus the spools are great for rear stand use.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Ive read from Skydoofus :lol: that the way frame sliders mount, if they hit hard enough will do damage to the motor

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Yea, I'm not exactly sold on frame sliders. They are great if you only crash at low speeds or drop your bike.

I say windscreen and a 16T

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I assume the factory is 17tooth then

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Is it hard to get the chain adjusted back to where it's supposed to be after i put on the sprocket? I have a new '12 gen4 and on my service the shop adjusted it for me.

It's not that difficult getting the chain adjusted, just make sure there is enough slack and not over tighten it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts