Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Y'all,
Yeah, I know it's a Yamaha, and it's a dirt bike, but it was my dear departed HunnieBunnies and I'm gettin ready to restore it. Need guidance in finding
sources for parts (without taking a 2nd out on the house!) Any old desert rats out there who know where I can look? Hopefully, here's a pic to jog your memories (if I followed instuctions properly - thanks gpx1100 !!)
So "flame on" and thanks for your help!:dontknow:
GT

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Hi Y'all,
Yeah, I know it's a Yamaha, and it's a dirt bike, but it was my dear departed HunnieBunnies and I'm gettin ready to restore it. Need guidance in finding
sources for parts (without taking a 2nd out on the house!) Any old desert rats out there who know where I can look? Hopefully, here's a pic to jog your memories (if I followed instuctions properly - thanks gpx1100 !!)
So "flame on" and thanks for your help!:dontknow:
GT

no one is going to flame you that won't make sense and if the do I will give them the :bitchslap:

did you try a google search, ebay for parts?.....good luck looks like a good project.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Bloo !
I've polked around but haven't had much luck so far....kinda hard to locate
sources for 26 year old parts for this model...would love to get it back in runnin condition, mama road the hell out of it (she was only 4'10" tall so it was just short enough for her to reach the ground, lol!) She's ride the big ones but it took two people to "catch" her when she came in for a "landing".:wink: Figured some of the "more mature" members might have some tips....
Thks,
GT

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Hey Bloo !
I've polked around but haven't had much luck so far....kinda hard to locate
sources for 26 year old parts for this model...would love to get it back in runnin condition, mama road the hell out of it (she was only 4'10" tall so it was just short enough for her to reach the ground, lol!) She's ride the big ones but it took two people to "catch" her when she came in for a "landing".:wink: Figured some of the "more mature" members might have some tips....
Thks,
GT
yeah, just keep bumping this thead...I thought about restoring a 1969 scooter and got some good posts to start. I ended up selling it but you might get some good responses here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, this is actually a first post for me, and with gpz100's guidance, was actually able to post up the picture first try (I'm no computer wiz)
thought this thread might be a good "test" run...hope I've put it in the right place.. I've seen that some of the guys spend time in the dirt, hoping they can be of some help, and what the heck, someone may have an interest in the old RM400 in the background!
At least the old MX is simple enough for me to work on...lol!
Com'on guys and girls, any suggestions ?

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Well, this is actually a first post for me, and with gpz100's guidance, was actually able to post up the picture first try (I'm no computer wiz)
thought this thread might be a good "test" run...hope I've put it in the right place.. I've seen that some of the guys spend time in the dirt, hoping they can be of some help, and what the heck, someone may have an interest in the old RM400 in the background!
At least the old MX is simple enough for me to work on...lol!
Com'on guys and girls, any suggestions ?
no this is not a good section to gain information...I will copy it to the "Out House" and you should bump it from time to time.:wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts