Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what this is and if its supposed to have liquid in it?
2016 zx10R, left side just behind coolant hose
16265638980387980049036357042020.jpg

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
1,069 Posts
Airbox drain. It’s clear so you can see if/when you need to drain it. Never leave it unplugged as it leads to your airbox.

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
1,069 Posts
From the owners manual (Gen4 not Gen5, but the same really):

Usually you can get a bit of oil in there from the airbox breather, water might be from washing the bike? Not sure. If it is water and the bike is new to you you might want to check the air filter element in the airbox. Mare sure there is one, as the air filter element sits between the ”outside world” and where this drain comes from (clean side of the airbox).

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
1,069 Posts
PS. This should really be in the zx-10r section. Thats probably why no one else has responded. I think this section is more for “Why does my zx-10r.net account not let me post to the for-sale section?” And things like that! ;)

@SkyDork Are you able to move this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PS. This should really be in the zx-10r section. Thats probably why no one else has responded. I think this section is more for “Why does my zx-10r.net account not let me post to the for-sale section?” And things like that! ;)

Much appreciated man! Thanks...

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,513 Posts

I'll take care of moving it. Thanks for the note!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: trebor27
1 - 7 of 7 Posts