Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installing new chain and sprockets, i pull the new front out of the packaging and its missing the holes! I think this will cause an issue with the speedo pickup? am i correct? I'm pissed because i don't have a car and the only other bike i have to ride is my mates, plus i need to get to work on monday and to the airport tomorrow. Can anyone let me know?

Also somehow either i or the shop screwed up and i got a +1 in the rear (i was going for stock sizes) will it make much of a differance if i go -1 in the front? i may do that if this one doesn't work without the holes.

cheers.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Me and Bloo are running -1/+1 at 16/40, I really love it. I don't think the holes will affect anything.

Tread

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
My front sprocket (AFAM) doesn't have any holes. It's fine.

You will probably REALLY like -1/+1.
Only your speedometer will read about 14% high.
If you just run stock in the front and +1 in the back you probably won't notice much of a difference.

·
Registered
523 Posts
-1 Front way better take off & better out of corners ... Not as taller geared so lose a little top end but who needs that :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
hmm, better? Just depends on how you ride and on what your circuit is.

·
Registered
494 Posts
if you look carefully, it doesn't look like it uses the sprocket to measure speed, it looks like it uses the 4 sides of the mounting nut. I thought so this myself when I did my front and the sprocket was flat. but I got everything mounted and the speedo regestered. I also noticed that the sensor looked like it was pointing at the square part of the nut.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Sensor has nothing to do the holes on the sprocket.

Most (myself included) do agree that the -1f helps the bike out a bit. I wouldn't say its a huge night and day difference but does assist in acceleration at lower rpms better.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I thought the holes were over processing so they could charge us more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts