Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 07 zx10 have the power com dropped a tooth in front got the timing retard eliminator what do i do next and don't worry I do twist the throttle its just to wheelie happy raising 2 in the rear

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have an Area P No limits exhaust that gets rid of the "cat" and Factory Velocity stacks for sale. I was getting 156 hp at the rear with the PCIII and BMC filter combo.
snipes285

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
So you are -1+2, have a pc3, and a tre. So you have a pc3 with what exhaust set-up? I would go with a full system, tune, and 1/5th throttle.

Weight reduction: Those lightweight batteries offer a nice weight reduction and aren't terribly expensive, CF/Mag rims of course are baller status. 520 kit might be for you as well. Light-weight light set-up/race glass/deletion of unnecessary stuff/etc. IIRC Garth had his 1st Gen down to 385 wet.

Or you could get into head work...thin HG with decked head, and cams with proper degree. Then you are going to want to do the valve adjustment, and maybe verify nothing needs replacing such as springs/valves/retainers/keepers/etc.

You could also look for a bore/stroke kit or a lighter rotating assembly set-up. Not too sure if the RA kit is even available or necessary just throwing it out there. Pick up some new rods/pistons/rings/etc...get the block bored/honed...

Also, what about a filter/airbox? Some inconsistencies about what, if anything, is actually picked up power-wise brand to brand for the filter, but most everyone has one. A trick airbox would be best for a race application, and the engine needs to be set up for the increased flow.

Maybe yank the flies.

And of course, you have forced induction too. You could go for lower compression/high boost, or high compression/low boost...depending on how you want the power.

Then you also have N20 kits...

I guess the question is...what is your goal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your responses I have the kn filter thought about pulling out secondary butterflies does that help?

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
that kit is for the gen 1....op got a gen 2 i i saw it correctly..

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
that kit is for the gen 1....op got a gen 2 i i saw it correctly..
Yep i saw that too but i believe they are in the works for a kit to fit the 2nd and 3rd gen.......OR just get a supercharger kit period. thanks and if you want more power and don't wanna do moderate motor work (thinner head gasket-cams-port polish heads-etc..) or a big bore kit then a turbo,supercharger,or NOS are about the only choices after you'd done all the regular stuff. unless you drop the cash for a carpenters race kit that i've heard of......might be cheaper than the supercharger?

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
So you are -1+2, have a pc3, and a tre. So you have a pc3 with what exhaust set-up? I would go with a full system, tune, and 1/5th throttle.

Weight reduction: Those lightweight batteries offer a nice weight reduction and aren't terribly expensive, CF/Mag rims of course are baller status. 520 kit might be for you as well. Light-weight light set-up/race glass/deletion of unnecessary stuff/etc. IIRC Garth had his 1st Gen down to 385 wet.

Or you could get into head work...thin HG with decked head, and cams with proper degree. Then you are going to want to do the valve adjustment, and maybe verify nothing needs replacing such as springs/valves/retainers/keepers/etc.

You could also look for a bore/stroke kit or a lighter rotating assembly set-up. Not too sure if the RA kit is even available or necessary just throwing it out there. Pick up some new rods/pistons/rings/etc...get the block bored/honed...

Also, what about a filter/airbox? Some inconsistencies about what, if anything, is actually picked up power-wise brand to brand for the filter, but most everyone has one. A trick airbox would be best for a race application, and the engine needs to be set up for the increased flow.

Maybe yank the flies.

And of course, you have forced induction too. You could go for lower compression/high boost, or high compression/low boost...depending on how you want the power.

Then you also have N20 kits...

I guess the question is...what is your goal?
:goodpost:

·
Registered
6 Posts
How about just dumping the stock exhaust and putting a full system on? With the sprocket and PC you already have, that should give you a significant gain.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Y'all are nuts! Unless your RACING, a stock ZX10 has more than enough HP for the street....but I'm old, what do I know (except my insurance payments)... thanks, kids.... ;)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
FLies, Exhaust, Ignition Module,all short velocity stacks, Custom Tune.....I know I will never hear the end of this but I prefer a street tune than a dyno tune. The reason why I say that is because on the dyno your bike is not under the same load as on the street also your ram air never gets up to the same velocity even with the fans that they use.....Dont get me wrong dyno tuning gets you close, but a street tune using a wideband to me produces much better performance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts