Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey , wednesday night is goin to be my first time at the 1/4 on my new bike

Its stock with a Slip on ( yoshi TRS) , Not lowered or straped

What Rpm should i be launching at ? 8k ?

Any techniques i could do to improve my time ? lower rear tyre pressure to what ?

Dont get me wrong ive ran my cbr250 on the 1/4 before but now ive got more power and just making sure i dont do anything stupid !

cheers:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
848 Posts
You could start off by lowering the bike & strapping the front. Get you some extensions (thats if you want to extend it). Add some gearing......maybe 17f and 41r>>>depends on your weight. If you have stock gearing on it now then you are going to have to take off at a VERY high RPM causing you to burn up alot of clutches. 8k...maybe 9k sounds about right but play around with it and see whats best for you. Ride the clutch to keep the front end down and let it all the way out asap! Make sure you let the tach get as clost to the red as possible before changing gears & stay tucked till you go through the finish line. & Practice, Practice, PRACTICE!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bike will remain stock height and im not planning on changing the gearing, Its good to see what a stock bike can do IMHO

thanks for those tips

also what kinda times and MPH should i be seeing roughly

Im 80kgs including leathers if that heaps

·
Registered
848 Posts
Completly stock.....That bike is not set up for Drag Racing. You wont be very competitive & you wont see good times or MPH. You will have to set it up if you want to get the full potential out of the bike. Changing the gearing and lowering it will help ALOT and its still stock. They're just minor modifications. But if you want to drag race it just the way you bought it then cool........but dont plan on beating too many people unless they're 101% stock just as you are.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i know the bikes no set up for drag racing, I dont plan to break any records with it either.

Just seeking advise on how to do about riding a stock bike on the strip

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yeah i know the bikes no set up for drag racing, I dont plan to break any records with it either.

Just seeking advise on how to do about riding a stock bike on the strip
:dontknow: The same way you ride your 250r down the track. Just hold on alot tighter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeh ok , But i dont think launching a 10r off redline ( cbr250rr 19000rpm launch) would be the go in this scene :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts