Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed my PC3 i bought off of a forum member, and when i went to start the bike, it wouldnt start without some throttle. it wouldnt idle at all. so i cranked the idle adjuster up a few turns, now it idles, but it smells like its running soo rich. And now my FI light is on solid all the time. Also, is the PC3 supposed to be lit or anything? cuz mine is doin nothin. I know it has a different map installed into it, and my bike is basically stock, so that probably is the running rich part, but wats with the FI light? Thanks- Nick

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
false alarm, turns out im just a moron. install error --FAIL-- mods, feel free to delete

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
false alarm, turns out im just a moron. install error --FAIL-- mods, feel free to delete
No that's ok we won't delete we like to hear Moron stories around here so please tell. :popcorn: :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fine, just for the laughs. i plugged the big connector into the gray connector next to the TPS. Instructions? i dont need no stinking instructions! im a man! Wrong! so i got it all back together, and it would barely run, the FI light was on, cranked the idle knob about 4 turns to get it to idle. once i finally got it right, i started it, and the idle was at like 4000. i was like holy shit! so yeah its ok now, runs great. threw the stock map in it from the PC3 site. Think this will be ok with just the butterflies removed and the exhaust valve disconnected? seems ok, for now. The saddest part of the whole thing is that, and i'm embarassed to admit it, but I'm a ASE master tech. For chevy's though. EPIC FAIL:iamwithst

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
fine, just for the laughs. i plugged the big connector into the gray connector next to the TPS. Instructions? i dont need no stinking instructions! im a man! Wrong! so i got it all back together, and it would barely run, the FI light was on, cranked the idle knob about 4 turns to get it to idle. once i finally got it right, i started it, and the idle was at like 4000. i was like holy shit! so yeah its ok now, runs great. threw the stock map in it from the PC3 site. Think this will be ok with just the butterflies removed and the exhaust valve disconnected? seems ok, for now. The saddest part of the whole thing is that, and i'm embarassed to admit it, but I'm a ASE master tech. For chevy's though. EPIC FAIL:iamwithst
If it makes you feel any better many I have read on this site did the same thing....thanks for maning up it may help someone in the future that's why I left the thread opened.:wink:

bloo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts