Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I hit a deer this past weekend, and my insurance is going to cover the damage repair to the bike (2004 10r, blue) and replacement of my helmet (minus my deductable, of course). The carbon fiber Area P slipon and elbow pipe both got rashed but are not that bad. However, I'm going to get the compensation to replace them with stock parts, which total around $1100 or so. Sooooooooo... I have some coin for exhaust, and I'm especially interested in a GP style, if there is one that is not super loud. Please give me your recommendations and if you have pics to post, I will really appreciate that!

Again, I'm leaning towards GP-style. At this point, I'll probably stick with a slip on, although I won't rule out a full system. With the full system though, I have to count on a Fast Card and tune as well so I'm not sure about that yet. Tell me what you got!

There is also a chance I might liquidate the Area P pieces. The rash is very minor and can be completely eliminated by shortening the can about 0.5 inches on either end. The elbow pipe has a little tiny scrap on it too. I'll have a more definite feeling on this once the estimate is done, and the work is approved.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey I know someone out there has a shorty exhaust they can recommend. Or how about Remus exhausts? My buddy has one on his K1200S, and it sounds pretty good. I like the looks of it too. I'm seriously considering one.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
if you want a real nice one then go with racefit. the LOR is nice and then the hot bodies gp (which ive heard good and bad but never personally seen). If you want real short, go with a megaphone style, but those are going to be ridiculously loud.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yosh makes a GP style but it keeps the boom box. I really like the looks and almost bought one myself, but went with the area-P instead cause it did away with the boom box. Good looking slip-on though.

·
Registered
524 Posts
What type of end do you have on the Area-P? Is it the flat type, or the smaller round end type? I'd be interested in the small round end type.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Here's a photo showing the Area P on there now, before the crash:

Like I said, I'm not sure whether I'll part with it, just pondering. It sounds great and has the perfect loudness and note to hear with ear plugs in. The reason I may change things up is because I like the blunt end look over the nipple end. If someone says their potentially interested, then I will go to them first if I decide to liberate it.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
man sucks to hear that ya hit a damn deer Ive had my fair share of close calls with them damn things this year... did ya get any pics of the bike afterwards ??? glad your ok and glad to hear the bikes gonna be fixed ?? unless you were counting on them to total it out?? LOL to get a brand new one.. good luck with finding a pipe.. keep us updated..

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a full akro titanium into carbon canister and pcIII I am seriously thinking about selling to kinda offset the cost of my bike.Kinda need to pay a chunk on a loan for it. pm if interested.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
call m4 see if they can custom make a gp exhaust

M4 Performance Exhaust
2227 Joe Field Road
Dallas, Texas 75229

Phone:
972-481-9300

·
Chairman of the Board
16,083 Posts
I have an AreaP and love it. I REALLY like the Racefit and LOR though. If I was buying another right now, I would go with the LOR. My :2cents:

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
See these gp style slip ons arent the greatest thing around, something with a little length to its mid-pipe will work a lot better then just a striaght pipe like the m4 exhaust...I would say if you already have an areap grab up another or shot over to level one or even better, get a full system!!! Just my opinion but I doubt going from a area p exhaust to say a shorter slip on you will be liking it, just the hole fact is that area p runs a 2.5" core and nothing else runs this big of a core size in the can other then racefit for your years...I think brocks alien head runs a 2.5" core but I think they only come in a full system but I could be wrong with that!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
+1 for the brock's! I got an alien head on my 14 and love it. but to correct the above they do make it in a slip on as well. If its not on there site call them.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
if you want a GP style, you cant go wrong with SimonKobe..
Google it up and you'll drool until you get it.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
correct.. carbonpartz.net has some nice pipes.
BUT they are all heavy.. the guy does not make Ti pipes *the last time I checked*
You're right, it looks like stainless or carbon - is the ti really lighter than the carbon? By how much?

I'll say it again... the "BozWerks":mrgreen:
Do you have any pictures of this? I tried googling the term and didn't come up with anything. I had a boz moira, but talk about ungodly loud. I loved the look, but could hardly ride the bike. If they had a similar look with some baffling, I would seriously consider it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts