Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I just replaced the spark plugs in my 2005 ZX10R...shit what a work..I was forced to remove upper engine brackets..- Now I am installing those back but on the right hand side there seems to be a slight problem..se my photo..the 2 upper bolts has been tighted already but there is a slight (5mm) clearane between bracket and frame (red arrow)...should I tight the bolt all the way so that the bracket bends and takes contact to the frame...see the red arrow (there is the problem)

Attachments

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
bump- sorry no answer here.

Sounds kind of like the bolt put threads in the bracket though.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I installed all the bolts about half way by hand and just tightened them each a little bit at a time. When I removed the upper right bolt to install my frame sliders I noticed the motor fell away a little bit, so I loosened all the bolts and retightened all of them as if I was torqueing head bolts. And during my last plug change I just went ahead and tightened them all up the same way as before.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yamaha service

Yamaha service said today that the lower bolt must be tighten to the moment first and after that the other ones...let's see...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts