Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last September while going to start the bike I notice the fuel pump was not priming and I was hearing what sounded like the relay junction box (possible I'm not using the correct name there) was shorting out, giving a almost static like noise. It was coming towards the end of season anyway so I put it away. Recently I ordered a new junction box, installed it, started right up took it for a quick ride, everything all good. Today I go out to start it up to let it run a bit and I hear the same sound. Take everything apart. Unplug the wire closest to the rear of the bike, plug it back in, all good. Pump primes. I turn it off, turn the key, again it doesn't work. So I unplug it and I notice there seems to be some condensation around the inside of the plug. I took a hair dryer and dried it out and it worked fine again. Question is is there something I can do to keep moisture/condensation whatever u want to call it from getting inside that plug, do I need to replace that wire harness? Any advice would be awesome. I will get some pics later on today and post them up when I get a chance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's probably the plan but there has to be reason why this is happening. I also found it odd that when I went down to the local shop to order the junction box there was a girl in there getting the same part for the same year (04) 10r. I guess no one else here has had this issue? Seems rare that 2 people in the same area and not a particularly damp area at that (south central pa) would have the same problem same bike as just a fluke.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A pic might help people to give you more accurate advice.
I'm not sure what the junction box you refer to is.
Are you referring to the relay itself?
Are you sure it's water/condensation issue?
Maybe the wrong part? Burning out?
Strange that condensation should be adversely affecting the same part repeatedly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts