Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

I'm just wondering how to set my racing Ecu,
there are some parameters that I don't understand, I don't know how I the bike would change modifying them .
for example

what's "Compensation for Acceleration" ?
and what about

"Comp. Map for Top_Main Injection Rate" ?

can you also help to understand how the Launch Control work?

thank you for your help

p.s. it would be also appreciated if you have a map done by some guru of Kawasaki racing , to share it with me :D

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,128 Posts
:+1:
hi guys

i'm just wondering how to set my racing ecu,
there are some parameters that i don't understand, i don't know how i the bike would change modifying them .
For example

what's "compensation for acceleration" ?
And what about

"comp. Map for top_main injection rate" ?

Can you also help to understand how the launch control work?

Thank you for your help

p.s. It would be also appreciated if you have a map done by some guru of kawasaki racing , to share it with me :d

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
the race kit didn't come with any kind of tips or instructions? that sucks ass!!!!! can you get a part or model # from the ecu or the kit?

·
Registered
163 Posts
In my expiereince on naturally aspirated motors, launch control let's you set a launch rpm meaning you set it at 5000rpm, you can go 100% WOT and no matter what it won't go over the set rpm until the bike starts rolling. When ecu sees a speed (sometimes adjustable, sometime not) the bike changes rev limit from launch to max redline. It's actually a very good feature and helps with 60' times drastically

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
I would suggest an experienced tuner to go over it with you and tune as you watch and learn..
Once initial tune is made,copy it so if need be you can go back to it..

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would suggest an experienced tuner to go over it with you and tune as you watch and learn..
Once initial tune is made,copy it so if need be you can go back to it..

the experienced tuner can help to make the fuel map and ignition map
but I'm sure he can't help me with those parameters ,
and anyway there are no kawasaki expert tuners in sicily :(

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Bringing this thread back.......

Is "Comp. Map for Top_Main Injection Rate" adding and subtracting the amount of fuel just on the secondary injectors or is it moveing the selected amount from the primaries to the secondaries?

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,128 Posts
i think its the amount of fuel being added or subtracted from the secondaries
Bringing this thread back.......

Is "Comp. Map for Top_Main Injection Rate" adding and subtracting the amount of fuel just on the secondary injectors or is it moveing the selected amount from the primaries to the secondaries?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Could anyone share the race ecu map to me?
My 08 10R equipped akrapovic mid_pipe + slip on , and K&N air filter.
thanks!!
pally, your ecu already has the race file loaded. All you need do is change the parameters you wish to adjust, and those changes will be over the map we preinstalled for you:thumbsup:

Joe McClughan
Dynotronics

·
Registered
475 Posts
hi guys

I'm just wondering how to set my racing Ecu,
there are some parameters that I don't understand, I don't know how I the bike would change modifying them .
for example

what's "Compensation for Acceleration" ?
and what about

"Comp. Map for Top_Main Injection Rate" ?

thank you for your help

p.s. it would be also appreciated if you have a map done by some guru of Kawasaki racing , to share it with me :D
"Compensation for Acceleration" is an adjustment for the cycle rate of the injectors. Adjusting this is like an accelerator pump on a carburetor.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
"Compensation for Acceleration" ?
It's like the fuel acceleration pump on the power commander.
When you abruptly open the throttle it adds some gas in the cylinders.

"Comp. Map for Top_Main Injection Rate"
This is how much fuel the top injectors and the lower (normal) injectors should spray in the cylinder. You can change the analogy for gen3 onwards.

How it works i don't know, i'll try to find out more .
The Launch Control Rev Limit Shift Value is setting the off-set value from the standard Launch Control Rev Limiter and can be set in the range from –2,000 rpm to +3,000 rpm as per manual.

For starters, i would suggest disabling the fuel cut and the Rev Spike Control then go for a spin and report back :wink: Be careful.

Also note that your radiator fan is not working with the race ecu (assuming you have the standard harness).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts