Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all...i searched for a similar thread, but came up with nothing.

i have my 2nd and 3rd track days coming up, and need help with a couple of things:

how do i disconnect the two parking lights in the front assembly?

what about the brake light. I guess I can unplug it at the back, near the assembly.

thanks!

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
doesnt the fuse take care of those lights too :dontknow:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
GuitarPlyr said:
doesnt the fuse take care of those lights too :dontknow:
I believe your right Plry....I was thinking about tape though. why not? :dontknow:

·
Currently Clueless
1,516 Posts
I just pulled the fuses when I went that way you didn't have to worry about baking the tape onto your headlights.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Slims10R said:
I just pulled the fuses when I went that way you didn't have to worry about baking the tape onto your headlights.
:+1:
Just take the rider's seat off and pull the fuses for the head and tail lights. The little "parking lights" are on the head light fuse so they'll be off too.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
:+1:

These ninnys are all over it!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone. i will pull fuses.

last track day i pulled the front light bulbs, and used blue tape, but i didn't pass first inspection b/c the parking lights shined through the blue tape.

then i used duct tape. that fixed everything.

=]

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I just reach in and unplug the headlight connectors up front - no need to dig under the seat and no cooking of the duct tape either.

·
Registered
2015 Gen4
211 Posts
I fail to see why you want to disconnect the brake light. Its a track day not a MotoGP race. Maybe you want people behind you to see where and when you brake before they take you out.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Most trackday orgs make you disconnect the brake lights, but I don't really know the reason.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts