Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My experince: Not much, been out on a different dirt bikes about a dozen of so times,

Man, What a blast.

How do I go about choosing one ?

I will be using it on trails and some tracks around where I live.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Trail riding, or motocross? Dirt riding for fun or more than that? It will make a difference for the bike choice and how much you are going to invest. The dirt is down the street or will you have to truck it back and forth?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ideally I would like something that can do it all, I will be transporting it back and forth so road legality is not needed.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
6 ft 195 lbs, price is not an issue ( as in I would rather wait and save up than buy the next best thing today )

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I ride a 2006 KX450F..........and LOVE it!!!! I trail ride only ....well like the trail is a track.......but none the less im in the woods rip'n it up.

Awesome bike!!!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Sometimes with a dirt bike, smaller is easier and more fun. Look at the KTM 200 exc model. 200cc power on a 125 frame.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I am a small guy. I have an 03 YZ250F it is a blast. I'm no MXer I ride all around and it's great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
The late YZ 250's are absoloute gold.
Take one of them for a strap and see if you like it.
Very straight forward bike, forgiving to ride.
If you want a slightly larger, heavier bike the YZ 450 is the obvious choice.

Have an older wr400 myself, but having ridden an number of the newer bikes....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Go with the 2000 KX 500 can't go wrong there. no one will touch you, and you won't be able to use probably half the power but at least you will know its there. LOL :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have ridden the honda's and the zuk's but still love my ktm. Mine is a 525sx which is a little big for trail riding but i make due. If i were to get another one it would be a ktm 250 or maybe a honda 450. I haven't had any experience with the kawi's though so that might be an option too. KTM's are built strong and can take a real beating. Only downside is its a bitch to do an oil change. It has two oil filters you have to change and two oil screens that need to be cleaned.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a 2004 Suzuki DRZ 250 four stroke. Electric start with a headlamp and taillamp. 99 actual miles(leftover out of crate last year) Perfect,not a scratch, like new. In upstate NY for $2600.00 Sorry, coulndn't help it. Whatever you get, have fun rippin up the trails!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts