Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help fast i was testing my bike today and i seen that the center bolt was out my cam chain tensioner. What i want to know is will i have to get my cams re-set? the spring was still there just the bolt and washer was missing. { and im looking for the bolt and washer } I didnt run the bike anymore after i seen that the bolt was gone.:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
jumping timing

i doubt it tony, ur running stk. tensioner? that bolt just rachets the tensioner in as needed. the rachet itself should have held everything in place. the cam chain shoe between the cam sprockets will keep u in time up top not allowing the chain to jump teeth regardless. crank sprocket also has safeguards. if u slipped on the crank, u would be way out and know it. if running ok, just replace bolt and spring, got a stk. tensioner will send u if needed. you're ok.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Tensioner.

Just put a billet cam chain tensioner on from APE. I will not run stock tensioners on anything. They constantly have problems and they sometimes fail completely. The manual ones never fail and last forever. Mike.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The factory tensioner has lock on it so the spring can push the chain in but won't allow it to pull back out. You should be fine. The manual tensioners are good if you make sure you always have them adjusted properly. The factory tensioners aren't very strong, but if you notice a little cam chain noise just back the tensioner out of the block until you here the tensioner click once then tighten down the two bolts that mount it down and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the input guys:thumbsup: thanks:eek:ccasion1 i will up grade later

1 - 6 of 6 Posts