Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any California 06-07 ZX-10R owners,

Can someone please take a look at the emissions label (it's white) that is on the inside cavity of the tail section (where your tool kit bag or power commander would be) and please help a member out and tell me if at the bottom of the label says ....."conforms to USEPA Regulations...." OR ".....USEPA AND CALIFORNIA Regulations..." If you can take a photo, that would greatly help too!

I'm having a hard time identifying the one that's on the bike and I'm scheduled to get it registered and I know DMV will want to ask about this label. At the top of the label on the right hand side I have the serial number "59464-0666" I've done a Google search of that number and had zero hits. Can you please tell me if yours is different or if it's the same?

Any help you can throw in to shed some light on this would be great.
Please.

Thanks,
MANGO

·
Registered
171 Posts
Maybe your DMV is pickier, but up here I don't know of anyone who's had DMV ask about emissions, stickers, or anything else. Never have had them even look at my bike when registering them or transferring the title.

The only time I've seen it be a concern was when the bike was cited for emissions violation, and even then never had anyone ask about stickers. I know several people who've dealt with getting a salavage title on their bike, as long as it met basic requirements such as brakes and lights, VINs correct, etc, never experienced an issue, either.

Never, ever, heard of them worrying about the emissions sticker...just FYI.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that's definitely good news then if that is the case!

I've researched this issue and talked to some folks (especially ones who are CA registering an out of state bike) and the threads I've read mentioned getting hassled by DMV because of this, folks I've talked to were at least asked to show some label (or diagram) on emissions.

Appreciate the info though. That's encouraging.

MANGO

·
Registered
171 Posts
If it's an out of state bike with less than 7500 miles, then you won't be able to register it in Cali if it's not CA emissions legal, that IS an issues I've heard of...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Was it already registered in California? Might not be a big deal. Try going to like a Tag Shop instead of the DMV. They're really not picky.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,697 Posts
I can take a pic of the sticker and post it. Let me know.
Hey dude! Considering this thread is 8 months old now, I'm betting he's got the issue figured out. :helmet:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
dam I was hoping this was mango responding. Ive been curious how he made out with this. I miss my baby!!!!:crying:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts