Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 zx10r. It will not start and it won't stay running unless i lean it over or sitting on kickstand. As soon as I stand it upright it shuts off. It will not start again until It is leaned over. I'm a newbie and have no idea what to do

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a 2008 zx10r. It will not start and it won't stay running unless i lean it over or sitting on kickstand. As soon as I stand it upright it shuts off. It will not start again until It is leaned over. I'm a newbie and have no idea what to do
First question would be when did this problem begin to occur? Did you recently have some work done, is this a bike you purchased sight unseen? Salvage?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First question would be when did this problem begin to occur? Did you recently have some work done, is this a bike you purchased sight unseen? Salvage?
It started today. It was running fine all day. It started after I got home today, I took the gauge cluster off and unplugged it and then I took the fairing stay bracket off to replace it. It has a ground wire on the middle bolt and I did put it back on. After that I put it all back together and started it while it was on the kick stand then I tilted it up and got on it and it shut off.

·
Registered
114 Posts
It started today. It was running fine all day. It started after I got home today, I took the gauge cluster off and unplugged it and then I took the fairing stay bracket off to replace it. It has a ground wire on the middle bolt and I did put it back on. After that I put it all back together and started it while it was on the kick stand then I tilted it up and got on it and it shut off.
There's your answer. Redo everything you did, double check it. If all was fine before you removed the gauge cluster and fairing stay, then most likely something happened during your reassembly. It does sound like a short/electrical issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's your answer. Redo everything you did, double check it. If all was fine before you removed the gauge cluster and fairing stay, then most likely something happened during your reassembly. It does sound like a short/electrical issue.
Do you know what that ground wire is to? I don't understand how it will start and stay running while leaning over but not sitting level

·
Registered
114 Posts
Do you know what that ground wire is to? I don't understand how it will start and stay running while leaning over but not sitting level
No, I'm not a mechanic. Redo the work you did, you fk'd something up. Hopefully not your ECU.

·
Registered
114 Posts
ju

Thank you so much! That's exactly what it was !
That's awesome and funny at the same time. I was originally going to just say tip over sensor, but then I thought it isn't possible to reverse how the sensor detects the vertical alignment of the bike, so instead I went with the obvious... you did something wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts