Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a new rear tire on my 04 zx10 and seems like it lost power. I had a 190/60 went to a 190/50. But the bike is harder to wheelie now and just doesnt see, t have as much power as it did a few weeks ago. any ideas?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Changing tire profiles is like changing the gearing. I belive going that much smaller in the profile would be like going -2 or -3 on the rear sprocket. That would be a BIG change.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought it changes the gearing up so id have more bottom end, but if you are correct that would explain it. are you certain the gearing drops??

·
Registered
994 Posts
i thought it changes the gearing up so id have more bottom end, but if you are correct that would explain it. are you certain the gearing drops??
Sorry but you are right and im wrong, the gearing change should of gave you more bottom end.......I checked it on gearingcommander.com.....maybe your chain is too tight/loose? :dontknow:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The chain could be the culprit maybe, would a slightly overtight chain make the performance that poor?

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
if you have a inch of slack then the chain isnt your problem and 190-50 is the stock tire size so that shouldnt be a porblem either... might be your clutch is going out or may need to adjust the cable.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmm i just replaced my clutch maybe 1000 miles ago, how do i adjust it?? It doesnt engage until the lever is fully pulled in

·
Registered
224 Posts
try tightening the chain i noticed it doesnt wheelie as well unless the chain is a little tighter

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
It was his chain.
He loosened it a bit and all is well.

He said he moved his axle forward about 1/8th"
and tried it and it's back to normal now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts