Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i'm doing the secondarys now.. and having trouble getting the air box out. its basically stuck between the frame.. is there a trick? its a 2nd gen btw.. thanks for any help jason..

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
did you unscrew the top portion of it? thats all you should have to do to get access to the secondaries

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i got it..i was trying to do it with the tank proped up.. once i took the tank off it slid right out.. thanks zx10duran thats what i get for being lazy.. i didnt think it would matter with the tank still on..

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Try turning it about 30 degrees and it should clear, its even more of a pain in the ass getting it back in, make sure you remove the ram air tubes first for more clearance, swame going back in, its eaiser to fit the ruber tubes after you have the box back in, but still a PITA

edit, I did not see that you still had the tank on, lol, thats what you get for being lazy i guess. tank is really easy to take off and on though.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
hahahaha.. here's the tank removal problem again...
lots of people usually have a hard time getting the tank out the first time.
but trust me, you only gotta do it once and get the trick, the tank gets out like piece of pie.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
taking the tank off wasnt a problem.. the problem was i was being lazy.. took the tank off and out she came.. o well ..

·
T Double D
870 Posts
You have to take the top off before you can take it out onve you get the top of the box off theres another screw inside and it will come out

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
On the 3rd gen I did mine with the tank propped up. Glad you got it all figured out. You will love the crisp throttle response.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts