Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just purchased a zx10 from a guy that said it had been sitting in garage for years when I got the bike and purchased a battery and turned the bike on the lil light came on flashing and I figured because it didn't have oil so i put some in and it was still on but anyway I tried to start bike it wouldn't turn over took tank off fuel pump was bad got new pump still won't turn over i need help

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
When you say turn over do you mean start and run or try start?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean it won't run it will make the starting sound but will not start when I sprayed starting fluid in it before fuel pump change it started but did not stay on. Do u think it is blown up

·
Registered
374 Posts
Might be bad gas and/or gummed up injectors?

Pull the spark plugs and see if they function. If they look good I would focus on fuel system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok will pull plugs in morning.also what about red oil light blinking when I put key in on position and ok I drained all old fuel before I put on new pump. how should I go about cleaning injectors ? And what other thinga with fuel system should i look for ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ok will pull plugs in morning.also what about red oil light blinking when I put key in on position and ok I drained all old fuel before I put on new pump. how should I go about cleaning injectors ? And what other thinga with fuel system should i look for ?
With just the key on, you will see the FI and oil symbols on the cluster, and the red light to the right will be flashing. This is indicating that there is low oil pressure, which makes sense since the engine isn't running. It should go away once the engine actually starts, but you aren't getting that far.

I would start by grabbing the service manual. It has a section in it that will tell you how to look up fault codes. This will let you know if the computer knows about any issues with the bike. It also has a section that guides you through troubleshooting problems, like the bike not starting.

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f48/04-05-06-07-zx10r-service-manuals-permanently-rehosted-41209.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts