Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got everything back together on the new frame but now no start. At first nothing would happen when key was turned. Found bad ECU fuse. Unhooked dash and stopped blowing fuse. now when key is turned on fuel pump starts. And bike cranks but does not start. Checked for spark bike has spark. Any suggestions?

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Also check to see if you might have bent a pin or two on your ecu connector

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
has fuel to the injectors no kink in line from tank to fuel rail. never had the ecu disconnected removed it with the subframe. bike ran before i switched everything to the new frame

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Is the fuel filter clean? Maybe a really bad map? I mean I'm no expert but if you are getting a proper spark and the engine itself is fine it seems to me it's a fuel problem

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nothing blocking air intake. map is the same map that was in the bike when it was running before the frame swap. there is fuel up the the fuel injector rail for sure. Seems like no fuel is getting through the injectors

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Perhaps drain the fuel system and run an I enjector cleaner beyond that I'd say you have to manually clean them. But this is pretty extreme and I kind of doubt that. How long was the bike sitting before the swap.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Aside from what I last mentioned I would check all related sensors. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
its got to be an air, fuel or spark problem if its cranking but not turning over.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have spark and air no fuel for some reason the injectors are not spraying i have fuel pressure to the fuel rail but no fuel after that. if i pour a small amount of gas into the throttle bodies it fires for a second.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
so are you getting fuel to your rails?

if your not getting fuel to the rails make sure that there isnt an obstruction or a kink. your pump may be bad (even though you hear it doesnt mean its actually pumping fuel). if your injectors are not spiting then check the electrical connections that run to the ECU, they may be on constant off for some reason.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes i have fuel to the rails I have tried two different fuel pumps. all the connections to the ecu appear to be good. Have also checked all of the fuses. Should the secondary butterflies open when the key is turned on?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts