Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:helmet: Thinking about buying another helmet. Whats your opinon on AGV. I know I should be wearing an ARAI but my pocketbook tells me AGV.

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
Tried on tons of helmets over the years...from the little red sparkley Bell job with the snap-on shield that never quite fit right to the silly air conditioned helmet that AGV tried to get us all to by back in the late 80s or early 90s. But I always come back to SHOEI. It's a matter of personal preference. Try a bunch on. Find one you like. And then (and this is important) buy it on line. Prices for helmets at a shop are INSANE.

Happy hunting.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Arai has the best fit for a variety of head types. But Shoei is my favorite due to its excellent ventilation.

AGV is very popular in Europe. In the US they all pass DOT and SNELL so they are really all very similar safety wise. I like the British and European standards more.

·
Registered
746 Posts
get the one that fits you best.....
And your budget. I know I'm going to get :rolleyes: , :headshake , and :fu2: for saying this, but I don't believe in the need for extremely high priced helmets when you have some quality offerings from Scorpion, HJC, and KBC. I paid $200 for my KBC and it's been one of the best helmets I've had, including my Shoei.

Here's a Motorcyclist article that pissed off a bunch of people. It's a long read, but it'll get you thinking about what you put on your head. That old $100 head and $100 dollar helmet isn't the hard and fast rule it used to be.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/gearbox/motorcycle_helmet_review/

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Shark RSI and higher series are real good quality and finish but has bigger outer shell and mouth area then others so if you don't mind looking like a lollipop go for it. My next helmet will be Shoei X-11 Sofuoglu replica if they ever release it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts