Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever noticed that after a while you helmet strap "drags" when you thread it through the D-rings....not tightening up enough? I found a simple solution. Take a bowl, fill it with warm water and about 1/2 cap of Downey fabric softener. Soak the strap for a few minutes and let it air dry. Next time, it'll slip through the D-rings like shit through a tin horn in the summertime.

Just thought I'd pass this along.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Awsome but how do you know how shit goes through a tin horn, thats funny though.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awsome but how do you know how shit goes through a tin horn, thats funny though.
An old man I used to work with back in the 60's said a lot of stuff that didn't make much sense.....anytime I'd bitch about feeling bad, he's say "Don't feel pregnant"????? Or if something pissed him off, he'd say "Fuck 'em dead feed 'em catfish head". He used to drinks a bit too....if he didn't have any booze, he'd put sterno in a handkerchief, wring out the alcohol and drink it.......maybe that does explain things :lol:

·
The Pace
6,904 Posts
Had an old lady teacher that loved to say stuff that we kids were clueless, like, 'if the shoe fits, wear it!' We had no idea what she was saying, but after a couple decades, I think I get it.

So, give it time, that old guy will make sense. I suspect his point was that we don't complain like women and we must live life to the fullest while healthy. lol

I think the old lady teacher was saying that if we walk like a duck, must be a duck. Translation: most are born idiots and some are born smart.

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
My grandfather used to say, "Dark, Dark as the bottom of a coal mine, at midnight, on the shortest day of the year"....

.... not sure, but I'm guessing, that ment it was about as dark as it gets.

Thanks for the helmet strap trick... I just let my face get fat and that helps hold it all on and together.

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
"slow as molasses in January" Used to get that alot cuz I like to take my time going places.

"That looks like the Wreck of the Hesperus" was another, always assumed that a ship wreck must be a mess, so any big mess could look like a shipwreck.

·
The Pace
6,904 Posts
lol

I had a friend that always liked to say, 'cold as a brass tit in a brass bra!'

What does that mean???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts