Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this should be posted here or else where but here goes.. lookn at gettn the Ipod classic for when I ride. Couple questions.

Do they make a water proof model/case for when i ride in the rain?

Where can i buy helmet pads with built in speakers in the pad for a Joe Rocket Science helmet?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yea, I was wondering all of this too. Since the chatterbox is like about $200 and all. Not only that, but I was also wondering if there was anything cheaper, like a generic helmet headphone thing that would maybe work, seeing as how I'm really only going to use it for music. Bluetooth is always a plus.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
If you get the bluetooth version of chatterbox, then you can not only use it for your iPod or satellite radio, you can use them with bluetooth phones.

But, I personally suggest that you don't wear one so that you can devote all of your attention to making sure that you make it to your destination. Also, in many states, wearing devices that are piping in constant sound like that are illegal.

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
while I'll be the first to admit that I wear an iPod while I'l riding...a lot...the last fuggin thing I want to do when I'm on my bike is talk on the phone...time with a helmet on is my time...know what I mean?

as for controls if you don't want to invest in a bunch of high end equipment, you can get one of these...good for any outdoor use...

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
while I'll be the first to admit that I wear an iPod while I'l riding...a lot...the last fuggin thing I want to do when I'm on my bike is talk on the phone...time with a helmet on is my time...know what I mean?

as for controls if you don't want to invest in a bunch of high end equipment, you can get one of these...good for any outdoor use...
amen brother... i love to ride and jam to linkin park

·
Registered
546 Posts
ditto...LP is on heavy rotation on both my motorcycling and my snowboarding playlists
Damn, Ya'll should hear a remix I did of "In The End" I'll PM the link to anyone who wants to hear it.

But I'll admit too that I listen to some kind of music when I ride. On occasion I'll listen on short rides in town and what not, but I mostly listen to it on longer rides to another town or just cruisin around ya know? That way I don't get so bored. I mean, I have a class thats in the next town about 30mi away, and those straights aren't doing me any justice just going in a straight line. I'd rather be hittin up those twisties 30mi in the opposite direction. So I listen to something to keep me preoccupied. Only problem, is that when I take off for the town, I'll start off good, but about halfway there or so, my earbuds just fall out and I get pissed. Sometimes I'd have to stop on the side of the road just to put them back in, thus, making me late.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
They do slim line helmet speakers , I have a set made by starcom ,which allows you to use a range of gadgets . The Ipod I have connected is great for long rides , worth doing it right first time and get the results ...

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
The only earphones I've ever used that were acceptable as far as comfort and sound quality are ones like these...and I always end up going back to Sony (I refuse to pay $100+ for Bose or Shure)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
They do slim line helmet speakers , I have a set made by starcom ,which allows you to use a range of gadgets . The Ipod I have connected is great for long rides , worth doing it right first time and get the results ...
Got a link?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
The only earphones I've ever used that were acceptable as far as comfort and sound quality are ones like these...and I always end up going back to Sony (I refuse to pay $100+ for Bose or Shure)
Off Topic: Shit you should try these. They're not earbuds, but it's well worth the price.
I actually took it to a bose store and did a comparison between their headphones and these right here. They were pretty similar, but for the money they are better by far. The bose headphones both crackled at high volume and didn't have as much bass. They were $78 and $125. The sony one never crackled once, even on a bass tester, and also had slightly more low end. Slight, but real noticable. And guess what. Only $20 at your local Wal-Mart. I love em. They're all I use when not on the bike.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Shit you should try these. They're not earbuds, but it's well worth the price.
I actually took it to a bose store and did a comparison between their headphones and these right here. They were pretty similar, but for the money they are better by far. The bose headphones both crackled at high volume and didn't have as much bass. They were $78 and $125. The sony one never crackled once, even on a bass tester, and also had slightly more low end. Slight, but real noticable. And guess what. Only $20 at your local Wal-Mart. I love em. They're all I use when not on the bike.
:spit: probably a great idea but they were talking about what speakers to wear in their helmet.

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
yeah...I have an awesome pair of over the ear Pioneers but short of digging out the insides of my helmet theres no way in hell to get them to fit...I know...I've tried :headshake

1 - 20 of 20 Posts