Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been out of this a while. Looking below 7-800 USD

• Comfortable, good ventilation. Easy to swap shields?
I had Bell years ago.
Thanks.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'm on my second Arai. Had a Signet-Q and now the newer Signet-X. Quality is second to none and the long oval shape of the Signet line fits much better than Shoei helmets ever did.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
967 Posts
I run an x14 by shoie, I would say the rf1200 is great too and actually better for most riding situations and can be had for much cheaper. I love how light the arai lids are but my chin tends to bump the chin bar while doing pretty much anything so that is why I went with shoie

·
Registered
18 zx10r
364 Posts
I run an x14 by shoie, I would say the rf1200 is great too and actually better for most riding situations and can be had for much cheaper. I love how light the arai lids are but my chin tends to bump the chin bar while doing pretty much anything so that is why I went with shoie
I have the same issue with my Arai lid. It's not that bad but I do want some more space in the chin area. I also had a rf1200 but the fit was too loose or narrow.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
967 Posts
With the rf1200 I noticed I need to get a size smaller than I would have thought, the pads are super comfy once my head is in and it is very snug, my x14 seemed to be slightly more narrow but it also weighs more and is larger in overall size so if you have a hump on your jacket or are wearing a backpack it can be bothersome. The bonus aside from way sicker graphics is that the x14 buffets so much less than the rf1200 or my old rf1100 that I find it worth the downsides. Plus I mean it's the nicest helmet they make and I get compliments daily

When I bought my new bike I went in without gloves, helmet or boots or jacket since all of that had been destroyed in my dec motorcycle accident either by the EMT cutting it off or by the accident. This was the only x14 they had with green that even kinda matched my new bike so I just bought it. Haven't looked back and have had no second thoughts. It's rad. You can also get thicker pads for inside the helmet if u want. Contact shoei for that

·
Registered
784 Posts
I like HJC for lots reasons, but a big one for me is the easy visor change . Arais are a pig to change

·
Vendor
6,819 Posts
Hard to go wrong with an Arai or Shoei of course. Bell has a nice line up as well, the RPHA helmet from HJC has come a long ways as well. Feel free to reach out for more information, shoot me a PM or a phone call and I will be happy to help.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
364 Posts
Hard to go wrong with an Arai or Shoei of course. Bell has a nice line up as well, the RPHA helmet from HJC has come a long ways as well. Feel free to reach out for more information, shoot me a PM or a phone call and I will be happy to help.
What is your return policy if the fit isn't right? Not using it for a ride of course but to check fitment.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a HJC hulk, Two AGV (turtle and black, also have a speed and strength, love the AGVs very light and comfy. my hulk feels heavy now after AGV and the speed and strength was very nice as well love the fit on my round head lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am really liking the Bell Race Star I have. It's comfortable, good vision, good airflow, and the face shields are very easy to swap out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Will almost always stand by Shoei. I have used the RF-SR in the past and heard that it is similar to the 1200. I would opt with the 1200 if I had to pick between the two. It may be slightly more expensive (still under your price range) but I've heard that the ventilation is slightly better and the helmet may be slightly lighter as well.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Where are you located?...I have a Shoei RF-1200 and if you are in Orange county, California - Shoei will custom fit it for free for life.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
You wouldn't know until you get it custom fitted....then you'll never go back. It's like a custom fitted set of leathers. There is no comparison.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts